Posted: Friday, 04 July 2014 8:17AM
Person of interest interviewed, arrested on other charges
New Orleans Police say they have identified one of the men in the latest photos of people they wanted to talk to in the probe of the gunfire on Bourbon Street.
"Our detectives interviewed the individual depicted in the still photos," Officer Frank Roberston said in an email. "He has not been charged with the Bourbon Street shooting at this time."
The man is behind bars, however. Police previously called him a person of interest.
"The individual was booked into Central Lockup for outstanding warrants," according to the officer.
Robertson did not elaborate, indicating it would not help them identify on charge the gunmen who killed one bystander and wounded nine more.
"We will not release his name of this individual due to the complexity of this ongoing investigation," he said.
Robertson added, "We spoke to the individual with the short hair. The individual with the dreadlocks and cap is no longer a person of interest."