Streaks, Stats, and Notes for the Saints vs. Falcons
- Although Atlanta holds lead in all-time series, Saints have won four straight and 11 of last 13 meetings.
- Saints' longest win streak in series is six from Dec. 14, 1986 through Nov. 19, 1989.
- Falcons won 10 straight in series from 1995-99.
- Falcons coach Mike Smith 2-7 against Saints, 51-15 against rest of league.
- QB Drew Brees 11-2 against Falcons since joining Saints in 2006. He has averaged 302.8 yards passing in those games with 100.6 rating.
- Brees has at least one TD pass in NFL-record 54 consecutive games.
- Saints won 26-23 in OT in last visit to Georgia Dome on Nov. 13, 2011.
- Falcons can clinch NFC South with win over Saints and Denver win over Tampa Bay on Sunday. Falcons clinch playoff spot with win and Seattle loss or tie.
- In Saints win earlier this month, New Orleans' Jimmy Graham (146 yards, 2 TDs) and Atlanta's Tony Gonzalez (122 yards, 2 TDs) became first set of tight ends to each have at least 120 yards receiving and two touchdowns in same game.
- WR Marques Colston has team-record 56 career touchdowns, passing Deuce McAllister last week.
- Falcons' Matt Ryan only QB in Super Bowl era to win 31 of first 35 home starts.
- Ryan had career-best 411 yards passing, with three TDs and one INT, in loss at New Orleans this season.
- RB Michael Turner tied with former WR Terance Mathis for team record with 57 total touchdowns. Turner already has
team record with 56 rushing touchdowns.
- WR Roddy White has 18 catches for 241 yards in last two games against Saints.
- White's 538 catches since 2007 are most in NFC.
NEW ORLEANS (5-6) At ATLANTA (10-1)
Thursday, 7:20 p.m., WWL Radio, Fox 8 TV, NFL Network
OPENING LINE - Falcons by 3 1/2
RECORD VS. SPREAD - New Orleans 6-5; Atlanta 6-4-1
Yes, I know that all coaches and most players say it, but it's true! When it comes to football, championships are won in the off season. Saints Offensive Guard Ben Grubbs is also in that number.
"I believe that the road to the Super Bowl does...
A lot of special moments are expected this weekend as the #2 ranked LSU Baseball Tigers take on the Ole Miss Rebels. Head Coach Paul Mainieri told me and Bobby Hebert that even though his team has sewn up the SEC West, they are in no way going to relax...
Saints Head Coach Sean Payton joined Bobby Hebert and me for a chat following the team's rookie minicamp on Airline Drive.
Coach Payton told us the session went well.
"You have a short period of time to do that and the three days we had gave...
LSU baseball is coming off another sweep of an SEC foe, and the Tigers are on the road this week to take on Texas A&M.
I spoke with Coach Paul Mainieri as he gets his team ready to take on yet another SEC foe.
"I really like the way we are...
It's a debate that comes up every year...Is it offensive to use the likeness or a caricature of a Native American as a mascot?
The Washington NFL franchise is yet again facing pressure to change the name of the team after eight decades as the...
It's hard to believe but Lance Moore is the elder statesman of the Saints wide receiver corps. Moore joined the Saints back in 2005 as an undrafted free agent out of Toledo and has been mainstay since the 2006 season as perhaps the Black and...
Kristian@wwl.com - Let me start by saying Tim Tebow might just be the greatest college player of my generation. He was fantastic at Florida, winning two national titles. Tebow seemed to WILL the Florida Gators to win after win. Tim Tebow displayed...
Kristian@wwl.com - A year's worth of work is in the books for the Saints after making five selections in the 2013 NFL draft. Of New Orleans' five picks this year, they spent three on the defensive side of the football and two on offensive. The...
Kristian@wwl.com - The Saints started the day with one pick in round three and ended up with two. Through a few trades, the Saints were able to add a couple of players along the offensive and defensive lines. The Black and Gold grabbed offensive...
Kristian@wwl.com - I can think of a lot of reasons the Saints could have selected a pass rusher with the 15th overall selection in round 1. I can think of a lot more reasons as to why they did the right thing by taking Vaccaro.
The Saints passing...