Overtime games, the best team was on the ropes, and round one of the Northern Brawl goes to the birds from Baltimore. Let’s take a look at this week’s top ten.
1. Houston Texans (9-1) - The Texans were down 14 in the fourth and nearly lost the game in overtime to the worst team in the NFL. But Schaub to Andre Johnson saved the day for the Texans. Now, a short week and a tough trip to the Motor City to take on the Thanksgiving Kings Detroit Lions. Last week beat Jacksonville 43-37 in overtime / this week @ Detroit.
2. Green Bay Packers (7-3) – The Packers came away with a big road win over a desperate Lions Team. QB Aaron Rodgers tossed two TD passes in the Cheeseheads’ win over Detroit. Now a rematch game against the G-Men happens in the Big Apple. Last week beat Detroit 24-20 / this week @ New York Giants.
3. Baltimore Ravens (8-2) – The Ravens were ready for a low-scoring slugfest with rival Pittsburgh, and they won the fight. Now the Ravens are in control of the AFC South and can land one of the top two seeds with a strong finish. Last week beat Pittsburgh 13-10/ this week @ San Diego.
4. San Francisco (7-2-1) – The 49ers need five quarters for a tie? Still, this team is well built, and they should make another deep run this post season. Last week tied St. Louis 24-24 / this week vs Chicago
5. Atlanta Falcons (9-1) – Atlanta sure knows how to win the close games, as they have been in far too many of them this season. Do you really think this team is a solid contender? The Bucs can keep the Birds from inching closer to the South Title with a win over the AT: this week down in South Florida. Last week beat Arizona 23-19 / this week @ Tampa Bay.
6. New England Patriots (7-3) – The Patriots fell behind early and then outscored the Colts 52-10 the rest of the game. Now, New England can pretty much lock up the AFC East with a win over the planes from New York. Last week beat Indianapolis 59-24 / this week @ New York Jets.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5) – The Steelers are beat up right now, and they are hurting at the worst time. Pittsburgh must somehow hold on until they get well. Watch out this week with a tough road trip to a much improved Browns team. Last week lost to Baltimore 13-10 / this week @ Cleveland.
8. Chicago Bears (7-3) – The Bears have proven over the last two weeks that they are not among the league’s elite, with back to back losses to Houston and San Francisco. Now the Monsters of the Midway face a must win to keep control of a playoff spot in the NFC. Last week lost to San Francisco32-7 / this week vs Minnesota.
9. Seattle Seahawks (6-4) – Five of the six Seahawks wins have come at home. And now the Hawks have three divisional games at home in the final six weeks of the season. Seattle could land the final Wildcard spot in the NFC. Last week off / this week @ Miami off.
10. Tampa Bay (6-4) – The Bucs have quietly gotten back into the playoff hunt in the NFC. Now Tampa can open the eyes of the entire league with a win over the division leading Atlanta Falcons. Last week beat Carolina 27-21 in overtime / this week vs Atlanta.