Fire erupted overnight in a building where dozens of seminarians were sleeping at St. Joseph Abbey in Covington. This morning they are counting their blessings.
"The fire occurred shortly after 2:30 am today and damaged the sleeping dormitories. 65 people were alerted by the fire detection system and escaped safety," State Fire Marshal Butch Browning said in a news release. "One person is being treated for smoke inhalation after returning into the building."
He says the blaze appears to have started in a room housing computer equipment, but the cause is still not definite.
"The investigations will continue into the day," Browning said.