Speaking to reporters Sunday afternoon, Mayor Landrieu's administration laid out the current plan to deal with any effects from Isaac. Highlights:
• Mayor Landrieu has called a state of emergency for Orleans Parish ahead of Isaac.
• Decisions will be made on school closures, evacuations by noon Monday.
• City Hall will be open tomorrow
• Once we see 40mph wind, it is likely that Louis Armstrong Airport will shut down.
• The Superdome, Airport and Convention Center will NOT be used as a shelters.
• If it's an emergency, call 911. For non-emergencies, call 311.
• 311 will be operational 24/7 starting 8am Monday morning.
• Sanitation will pick up garbage on Monday, but please take in cans by Monday night. There will be no trash pickup Tuesday or Wednesday.
• Another briefing to update on storm tracking/NOLA preparation before noon Monday
Click here to listen to the entirety of Mayor Landrieu's news conference: