by Deke Bellavia, email@example.com,posted Nov 11 2013 9:30AM
The Big Crimson machine gets better and better, the Noles are good friends of Stanford, the Bears are not whacko - they are alive and well in Waco, can the Poisonous nuts sneak in the title game? And hold that Tiger, that Auburn Tiger.
Question: What happens if there are three one loss teams up for one National Title Game spot? And those three teams are Auburn, Stanford and Alabama? Who would you go with? Aw snap, it's getting good y'all! It always does. Here is my top ten for this week.
1. Alabama (9-0) – The big Crimson machine battered perhaps their last tough hurdle en route to a third straight title. The greatest strength of Alabama may very well be that they rarely beat themselves. Last week beat LSU 38-17/ this week @ Mississippi State.
2. Florida State - (8-0) – The Noles look as if they are on their way to the BCS Title Game. I can't see anyone beating FSU. Last week beat Wake Forest 59-3 this week vs Syrcause.
3. Ohio State (10-0) – The Buckeyes got a bump in the polls with the Ducks falling to Stanford. Can OSU possibly land in the National Title Game? Last week off / this week vs Illinois.
4. Baylor Bears (8-0) – Baylor was up 3-2 over Oklahoma is the second quarter before outscoring the Sooners 38-9 the rest of the game. Baylor just has to keep on winning and hope for the best. Last week beat Oklahoma 41-12 / this week vs Texas Tech.
5. Stanford Cardinal (8-1) – The Cardinal can beat your pants off on the field, and beat your brains out in the classroom. This is an old school team. Stanford rushed the ball 66 times in their beat down of the Ducks. David Shaw is one hell of a coach. Now a dangerous road trip takes place to face the Men of Troy. Last week beat Oregon 26-20 / this week @ USC.
6. Auburn Tigers (9-1) – It's ok everyone was wrong about Auburn. People there is nothing wrong with being wrong. But admit when you are! This team is damn good. QB Nick Marshall gashed the Vols Defense by averaging 15.3 yards per carry and Auburn rushed for 444 yards. Now a win over the Bulldogs in the Deep South's oldest rivalry separates the Tigers from hosting the biggest and most hyped Iron Bowl ever! Last week beat Tennessee 55-23 / this week vs Georgia.
7. Oregon Ducks (8-1) – How does that humble pie taste. For the last two seasons the Ducks have been cooked by Stanford and kept from the National Title Game. Oh well Oregon can always hope for another Cardinal loss and a trip to the Rose Bowl to face an undefeated Ohio State Team. Maybe! Last week got beat by Stanford 26-20 / this week vs Utah.
8. Clemson (7-1) – Clemson can only hope for a BCS at large bid. The Tigers could have a great season by finishing up with wins over Ga. Tech and rival South Carolina. Last week off/ this week vs Georgia Tech.
9. Missouri Tigers (9-1) – Missouri is an overtime win away from being right in the thick of the national title hunt. With that said, these Tigers may have to win their last two games to get to Atlanta. That will be a hard feat to accomplish going to Oxford and then College Station. Last week beat Kentucky 48-17/ this week off.
10 - TIE. South Carolina Gamecocks (7-2) – Boy these Cocks sure could mess up a lot over the next few weeks. Don't sleep on the Ole Ball Coach. Last week off / this week vs Florida.
10 - TIE. Oklahoma State Cowboys (8-1) – OSU still has all of their season goals very much in front of them with games against Texas, Baylor and Oklahoma. If the Pokes win those, at the very least they will be in the Fiesta Bowl. Last week beat Kansas 42-6 / this week @ Texas.