Oh what a week! Stanford and Michigan fall from the ranks of the unbeaten, while the Dogs are out of the national title mix already. Things are getting dog eat dog out west in the Pac 12, the ACC has a title elimination game this week and the Bears from Los Angeles have back to back tough road trips. Ever notice how I never saw the champs have a tough game? Hey it is what it is. Why do Alabama fans get mad when the rest of the SEC questions their schedule? The truth hurts maybe? Let's take a look at this week's top 10!
1. Alabama (6-0) –The Tide came out slow with no points in the first quarter of the game against the Wildcats. Then the Rammer Jammers scored 48 to close out UK. Oh how the SEC schedule maker haters have come out the wood works! Last week beat Kentucky 48-7 / this week vs Arkansas.
2. Oregon (6-0) – Ducks QB Marcus Mariota racked up more than 450 yards of total offense and four TD's in a big road win over UW. With Stanford losing the Pac 12, it looks like it belongs to the Ducks. Get your quack on! Last week beat Washington 45-24 / this week vs Washington State.
3. Clemson (6-0) – The Tigers had to be looking ahead to this week's game against the Noles right? Clemson only scored 24 points on the Eagles. Better get right this week as FSU has had two weeks to prepare. A national title elimination game goes down in Death Valley this weekend. Last week beat Boston College 24-14 / this week vs Florida State.
4. Ohio State (6-0) – The Buckeyes had the week off, and they got some help with the Cardinal losing. I'm telling you if any team wins 25 straight games, they deserve a shot at the title. Will it happen? If an ACC team, SEC team and Pac 12 team don't lose I'd say no! Last week off / this week vs Iowa.
5. Florida State (5-0) – The Noles should beat Clemson right? Well the Tigers had two weeks to get ready for this huge showdown in Clemson's Death Valley. A win here could land the Noles in the title game if they run the table! Last week off / this week @ Clemson.
6. LSU (6-1) – The Tigers Defense has arrived! LSU has gone six straight quarters without allowing a TD. Now the Tigers face another high powered offense on the road as the Rebels are waiting in Oxford. Last week beat Florida 17-6 / this week @ Ole Miss.
7. Texas A&M(5-1) – The Aggies fans' hearts were in their throat last week when they saw Johnny fall to the turf, but Mr. Football rose up and led his Aggies to a big road win. Now A&M takes on the most improved team in the SEC. Last week beat Ole Miss 41-38 / this week vs Auburn.
8. South Carolina(5-1) – After a bizarre week the Gamecocks blasted the Hogs 52-7. Now Carolina has suddenly gotten back into the SEC title talk, and who knows... maybe the national picture as well. It's possible. Last week beat Arkansas 52-7 / this week @ Tennessee.
9. UCLA (5-0) – Don't look now, but the Bruins are in the national spotlight. UCLA has been a quiet team to those outside of L.A. However, the Bruins have everything in front of them beginning with a trip to Palo Alto this weekend. QB B Hundley has become one of the best young QB's in the country, throwing for more than 400 yards and 3 TD's against Cal. If the Bruins can win their next two games, they could easily climb into the top 5! Last week beat Cal / this week @ Stanford.
10. Baylor Bears (5-0) – The Bears got half of their average with 35 points scored in a win over the Wildcats. QB Bryce Petty has become the best signal caller in the Big 12 this season. Hey, right now the Baylor Bears are the best team in the Big 12! Last week beat Kansas State 35-25 / this week vs Iowa State.