Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
The Big Chief's NFL Top Ten, Week #5
by Deke Bellavia,posted Oct 2 2012 4:38PM
The 49ers and Bears had the best performances by far in week four, and the NFC West has passed up every other division with 11 total wins which is tops in the league after four weeks. Let’s take a look at this week’s top ten.
1. Houston Texans (4-0) – Alert: Houston has no problem! The Texans are the most complete team in the NFL right now. The Texans are solid on offense, nasty on defense, and they are in a weak division. That means this team is going to win a lot of games. Last week beat Tennessee 38-14 / this week @ NY Jets.
2. Atlanta Falcons (4-0) – Bird bird bird, the bird is the word! These birds are for real. This could be the year the Black Birds from the ATL get it done. You know, the last dude to give himself a nickname featuring the word “ice” was Robert Van Winkle…That would be Vanilla Ice! Oh snaps, that’s a curse within itself, Matty ‘’Ice Ice’’ Baby! Last week beat San Diego 27-3 / this week vs. Carolina.
3. Arizona Cardinals (4-0) – Arizona is a team that is finding ways to win games. Even though this team only rushed for 28 yards and was down by two scores, they found a way to beat the Dolphins. Look out Frisco, this team could be a legit challenger in the now Wild Wild West! Last week beat Miami 24-21 in overtime / this week @ St. Louis Thursday night.
4. Baltimore Ravens (3-1) – The Ravens got a scare last week as the pesky Browns gave them all they could handle. Now the Ravens look like they can feast this week on the struggling KC Chiefs. Last week beat Cleveland 23-16 / this week @ Kansas City.
5. San Francisco (3-1) – A good old-fashioned beat-down occurred last week when the 49ers crushed the planes of NY. San Fran held the Jets to just 145 yards of total offense and forced four turnovers. These 49ers are the class of the NFC in my opinion. They have the best defense, they play sound on special teams, and their coach is one tough dude. I thought the Jets wanted to be like that? Last week beat NY Jets 34-0 / this week vs. Buffalo.
6. Philadelphia Eagles (3-1) – Mike Vick did not turn the ball over, and that was the main reason the Eagles beat the defending champs. Now the Keystone State title game takes place this week in the Steel City of Pittsburgh. Last week beat NY Giants 19-17 / this week @ Pittsburgh.
7. Chicago Bears (3-1) – The second most impressive showing of the week came from the Monsters of the Midway. The Bears Defense harassed Tony Romo and picked him off five times. I’m telling you, this team is good! I could see another Green Bay vs Bears NFC Title Game happening this season. Last week beat Dallas 34-18 / this week @ Jacksonville.
8. San Diego Chargers (3-1) – The Chargers bounced back from their loss to the ATL with a big road win over the Chiefs. The Bolts forced five first-half turnovers and built a 27-6 lead. Now the Chargers can distance themselves from the rest of the AFC West and put to sleep the Who Dats for good with a win in the Big Easy. Will Phillip Rivers be the first QB not to carve up the Saints D? Last week beat Kansas City37-20 / this week @ New Orleans.
10. (Tie)Cincinnati (3-1) & New England (2-2) – The Bengals have the best young QB/WR duo in the game today. As long as Dalton and Green stay healthy and together, the Bengals will be relevant. Last week beat Jacksonville 27-10 / this week vs. Miami.
New England scored 35 straight points and piled up 580 yards of total offense in their come from behind win over the Bills. Man, what will Pats fans do when Tom retires? This week an old QB shootout rivalry continues as Peyton and the horses come to Clam Chowder land. Last week beat Buffalo 52-28 / this week vs Denver.