Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
The Big Chief's NFL Top Ten, Week #4
by Deke Bellavia,posted Sep 27 2012 11:14AM
The officials have been terrible and the commissioner is even worse, Texas and Atlanta top our poll, and the battle of so-called preseason powers takes place this week in the Land of Lombardi. What a whacky season it has been in just three weeks. Roger Good-All is a joke. This season is horrible and the rest of the professional franchises are all having their bodies wiggle with laughter at how incompetent the NFL's highest authority looks right now! Well, at least we get the regular zebras back this weekend. Here we go with our week #4 NFL Rankings!
1. Houston Texans (3-0) – The Texans piled up 436 yards of total offense in their win over the White Horses from Mile High. I’m telling you, this Texans Team could have the AFC South locked up by week 10 of the season. Houston should without question be the top seed in the AFC this season! Last week beat Denver 31-25 / this week vs. Tennessee.
2. Atlanta Falcons (3-0) – Mike Nolan’s Defense is the story of the season right now. In back to back weeks the Dirty Birds Defense put the clamps on QB’s Peyton and Phillip. And now with the Black and Gold at 0-3, this team could run away with the NFC South in the first half of the season. Atlanta could start the season 7-0! You reckon if Black Birds get to Super Sunday that a current player will do the once halfway famous Dirty Bird Dance! Man how, that was a funky chicken! Last week beat San Diego 27-3 / this week vs Carolina.
3. Arizona Cardinals (3-0) – The Cardinals are doing all the right things. They are running the football, passing with success and winning the turnover battle. You know the Cards could have their best regular season record in franchise history, and this team is winning without a so-called big time QB. Oh yes this is a team sport! Last week beat Philadelphia 27-6 / this week vs. Miami.
4. Baltimore Ravens (2-1) – The Ravens Offense can actually light it up! QB Joe Flacco has become one of the elite players in this league. This team is loaded in all phases and right now the best off season pick up was landed by the Purple Birds in Jacoby Jones. Now, the Ravens will beat up on the team from the city they use to play in. Last week lost beat New England 31-30 / this week vs. Cleveland.
5. New York Giants (2-1) – There is no other QB in the game today that is playing on the level of Eli Manning. Without question, the Giants looked the best of any team last week in a road beat-down of Cam and the crying cats. Cam has to learn that he can’t be a crybaby when he loses. Now, a NFC East showdown takes place against rival Philly in the City of Brotherly Love. Last week beat Carolina 36-7 / this week @ Philadelphia.
6. San Francisco – (2-1) Alex Smith played like the Alex Smith we all really know last week as the 49ers got stunned by the Vikings. No time to fret as a cross-country trip takes place this week to face sexy rexy and the NY Planes. J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets! Last week got beat by Minnesota 24-13 / this week @ NY Jets.
7. Chicago Bears (2-1) – Man, if there was one team smiling late Monday, is was these Monsters of the Midway. Even after losing to the Packers, the Bears are still in 1st place in the NFC North. Chicago has what it takes to make it to the Big Easy...as long as they don’t see the Cheese Heads this post season that is. Last week beat the St. Louis Rams 23-6 / this week @ Dallas.
8. Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) – As long as Mike Vick is in the game the Eagles have a chance. As long as Mike Vick is in the game the other team has a chance. If the Eagles don’t quit giving up the ball as much as they have been, they are going to fade out like a bad fire cracker. I can see this team sinking quickly beginning this week. Last week got beat by Arizona 27-6 / this week vs. NY Giants.
9. San Diego Chargers (2-1) – Boy what a difference a week makes! Last week the Bolts had a chance to stay ahead of the pack in the AFC West, and now they are playing the once-looked-to-be-dead last Chiefs for 1st place in the wild wild west. I would set the magic number in this division to win it is at 9! Last week beat by Atlanta 27-3 / this week @ Kansas City.
10. NFL Officials and NFL Commissioner – Yes, these two parties have to be ranked! Combined, these two parties have cost betters millions, they have been the sole reason for bad outcomes in games and they have made the point that the man in charge can do and say what he wants because he’s backing up every bad call the officials make or don’t make. It sickening to think that this head of the most powerful league uses his power to help ruin a game that he so called tries to protect. "Pathetic" is the best word describing these two parties. Remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it! Last week screwed New Orleans and Green Bay / this week back on the field, with who knows how much rust?