What happened in Who Dat Land? Are the Packers and Saints both about to be 0-2? Is Frisco #1? Are we destined to see an all-Harbaugh Super Bowl? Man, the plot has twisted early this season. What the hell is wrong with Michael Vick? Strap it on here we go with week two of the NFL!
1. Baltimore Ravens (1-0) – The team that should have won the AFC last season will win it this season. The Purple Birds are loaded, and this team’s QB is just starting to come into his own. Last week beat Cincinnati 44-13 / this week @ Philadelphia.
2. San Francisco – (1-0) Alex Smith showed up Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau last week! Smith was 20-26 with 2 TD’s and no picks. Watch out people, this team could win 14 or 15 regular season games this season! Last week beat Green Bay 30-22 / this week vs Detroit.
3. New England Patriots (1-0) – Tom was OK, but former LSU Tiger Steven Ridley was the man. Ridley rushed for 125 yards on 21 carries. The Pats will win the East and of course be in the thick of things again this season. Last week beat Tennessee 34-13/ this week vs Arizona.
4. Chicago Bears (1-0) - QB Jay Cutler was sharp with 333 yards and 2 TD passes in the Bears win over the Dolts! This team is scary with the addition of WR’s Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall. Jeffery had three grabs for 80 yards last week, and Marshall chipped in 9 receptions for 119 yards. A win this week will put the Bears in the drivers’ seat in the NFC North! Bear Down! This week beat Indianapolis 41-21/ this week @ Green Bay.
5. Houston Texans (1-0) – The Texans used a 24-0 run in the 2nd quarter to dispose of the hapless Dolphins. This week another monster game comes in the form of Jacksonville. If Houston does not win the South, they are sad! This week beat Miami 30-10 / This week @ Jacksonville.
6. Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) –The wheels could have begun to come off, if not for a last-second win over the Browns. Wake up Andy and MV, this week you are about to get your you-know-what handed to you in the City of Brotherly Love. I can smell an ass-whipping in this one! Last week Cleveland 17-16 / this week vs Baltimore.
7. Atlanta Falcons (1-0) – Matt and Julio hanging out by the school yard hooked up for 2 TD’s last week. If the Dirty Birds win this week over Denver, Atlanta’s “sometimes we like them and most of the time we don’t care” fan base will start to like them. Well, sort of! Last week beat Kansas City 40-24/ this week vs Denver.
8. Green Bay Packers (0-1) – Could Super Bowl Favorite GB be 0-2? Is Aaron Rodgers making too many commercials during the off-season? Are the Bears going to win in the land of Lombardi this week? Tune in next week, same bat time same bat channel! Last week lost to San Francisco 30-23 / this week vs Chicago.
9. Dallas Cowboys (1-0) – Give the Stars some credit, they did look good in the second half of their win over the NY Giants. Now Dallas has had a week and a half to get ready for the Hawks. And I’m not talking about Dominique and Spud either! Last week beat NY 24-17 / this week @ Seattle.
10. Detroit Lions (1-0) – The Cats from Motown got by a big scare from the Lambs of St. Louis. Now I wonder if Detroit is going to win the game this time (as well as the fight between head coaches) as they face SF in Rice a Roni land? I think NOT! This week beat St. Louis 27-23 / this week @ San Francisco.
Pretty much in agreement with your listing except for those low-flying Eagles. I'm not sure they even belong in the top 10. Too early to tell if Saints defense could stop McCoy and Jackson but gut feeling is Saints are better.
Saints should be in the top spot.
Really? No Broncos?
How you didn't put the Broncos on this list, and can still refer to yourself as the "Big Chief" is baffling. Manning did more than just show he is back, he showed he's the Manning of old. Tebow, I repeat, Tebow took this team deep in the playoffs, and now they have arguably the greatest AB of all time. What do they have to do to get a spot on your list? I mean Manning systematically took apart o.e of the best Defenses in the league in the Steelers. Decent list just really think you missed the Broncos, and saints.