Fire tore through a restaurant in Olde Towne Slidell.
"St. Tammany Fire District #1 responded to the report of a commercial structure fire at Sunrise on Second, located at 1929 Second St. in Olde Towne," Chief of Fire Prevention Chad Duffaut said in a news release. "Firefighters arrived on the scene in a little over two minutes to find a 2800 square foot restaurant with heavy flames and smoke coming from the roof."
He says it took about half an hour to get the blaze under control.
"The fire burned the roof off of the building and destroyed the entire attic area. The fire is believed to have been started by an electrical short at the power disconnect for the air conditioning system. No injuries were reported."
He says that a newspaper delivery man saw the flames and called 911 around 1:30am.