by Kristian Garic, email@example.com,posted Apr 10 2013 10:33AM
1. Kansas City- OT Luke Joekel , Texas A&M: He's the overall best player and the safest pick.
2. Jacksonville- DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida: The best defensive player on the board doesn't have to wait long to land with his new team.
3. Oakland- OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan: The Raiders need help in a variety of areas, Fisher is just a notch below Joekel.
4. Philadelphia- CB Dee Milliner, Alabama: After the Asomugha, and Cromartie left town it's time to revamp the secondary with a pro style athlete.
5. Detroit- OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia: I know he's got injury concerns and didn't run well at his pro day, but Detroit can't help themselves.
6. Cleveland- OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon: Cleveland runs to the podium with this pick. Jordan shouldn't be on the board when they go on the clock. The Browns are elated.
7. Arizona- QB Geno Smith, West Virginia: I wouldn't pick him here, but I'm not the Cardinals.
8. Buffalo- DE Ziggy Ansah, BYU: The Bills defense needs a guy just like Ansah, he'll fit well in the Bills' new scheme.
9. NY Jets- Cordarelle Patterson, Tennessee: The mistakes continue for Rex Ryan and the Jets.
10. Tennessee- G Chance Warmack: A safe pick, but a need pick to get Chris Johnson back to his galloping ways at running back.
11. San Diego- WR Kennan Allen, California: The Chargers probably should go offensive tackle, but Allen is a big receiver that Coach Mike McCoy likes on
12. Miami- OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma: The Dolphins lost Jake Long in free agency. This could be a trade with Johnson still on the board and teams eyeing a left tackle i.e. New Orleans.
13. Tampa Bay- DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State: The Bucs are a defensive team, that just got a little better with this pick.
14. Carolina- DT Star Lotulelei, Utah: Solid pick for the cash strapped Panthers who did little in free agency.
15. New Orleans- WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia: Yeah I know it's a surprise here, but it's very possible the Saints continue adding to their offense, wanting to keep the track game(s) they've grown accustom to.
No Top OT or top 15 defensive player, why not Tavon Austin
I usually do not agree with you, but I believe Tavon Austin is a homerun pick. We are looking at a Wes Welker type of player. He could line up in the opposite slot from Jimmy Graham.
Come on 4-25-13!
Gaurd or Tackle...
The Saints go after a road grader type Gaurd or Offensive Tackle. Personally I hope they pick a Gaurd to help sure up the running game.
Why not Barkevious Mingo at #15??
They may, if he grades out high for them and a position of need with the players available don't warrant a first round pick. I think they trade down and try to get a 2nd round pick if that's the scenerio.
If he has a higher grade to them than the players remaining, especailly if the need don't match the grade for the players available at that pick. If that's the scenerio I see them trading down to pick up an extra pick
J from Napoleonville
#15 Tavon Austin
Kenny varcaro is a better pick talent and need we give up to many big plays at that position
I do not agree with that pick..right now we need tackle and a defensive player..the offense ranked second overall on a bad year so there isn't really nothin wrong with the offense...garud, DT or linebacker please!
Entertainment for the Web
We have joe morgan and Hakim whom are both BLAZERS. We should take time to nurse their talents and focus on DEFENSE IN THE DRAFT.
Hes no STEVE SMITH. HE had a standout game against LSU. That was one game and LSU isnt an nfl team we need a prototype DAMARCUS WARE OR ALDON SMITH on the end. Im tired of these fat out of shape ends. I.e. will smith cam jordan and Charles Grant. We needstrength and speed. KeKe MINGO AT 15
Tavon Austin is not tall enough to be a starting wideout...
Tavon Austin would almost definitely have to play the slot in the NFL. At 5'8", he's not much bigger than Darren Sproles. If the Saints picked a WR at # 15, we'd need to get someone who can line up opposite Colston and let Lance Moore play the slot.
We still have a big time end we haven't even gotten on the field yet. We need to go defense with 15...
NO LSU PLAYERS IN THE TOP 15
LSU's Ke KE Mingo projected by Mel Kiper between 5th and 10th pick and Sam Montgomery shortly after and with all the problems the SAINTS have on defense they pick a wide receiver, this is the worst mock draft I have seen before the big day, Kristian you are really ignorant.
Best Player Avaliable
BPA is always the way to go. If they think he is the best player on the board at that pick, I hope they get him.
Rod in Sacramento
The Saints with the 15th pick of the draft have....
Traded it to the....
A number of teams are potential trade partners, I expect the Saints to trade and recoup that #2 pick.
We need defense!!! Don't we still have Nick Toon..