Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Deke's NFL Top 10 Week #10
by Deke Bellavia, firstname.lastname@example.org,posted Nov 5 2013 10:29AM
The Chiefs are 9-0 with two weeks to get ready for the Mile High Horses, the Seabirds have held on but still won in each of the last two weeks, the Colts have a strong hold on the AFC South. And the once four game lead the Saints had is now down to one! Let's take a look at this week's top 10!
1. Kansas City Chiefs (9-0) -The Chiefs defense is most certainly good enough to lead them to a title. Last week KC was plus three in the turnover battle and got an 11 yard scoop and score from DE Tamba Hali. Now two weeks to get ready for a huge trip to Denver to see the White Horses! Last week beat Buffalo 23-13 / this week off.
2. Seattle Seahawks (8-1) -This is the NFL, not College Football. It's not how you win, it's if you win. Seattle almost blew two games in back to back weeks, but they still won those games. After falling behind 21-0, the Seabirds closed the game on a 27-3 run. Now a trip to the ATL to face another set of Birds! Last week beat Tampa Bay 27-24 / this week @ Atlanta.
3. Indianapolis Colts (6-2) - The Horseshoes spotted the Texans a 21-3 lead and then stormed back to steal one on the road. Now the Colts return home to take on the St. Louis Rams. Or should I say Lambs? Last week beat Houston 27-24 / this week vs St. Louis.
4. Denver Broncos (6-1) - The Horses have a week to get rested and prepare for the rest of the season. Can you imagine winning 14 games and not being able to host a playoff game? It could very well happen to the loser of the 2nd place team of the AFC West this season. Last week beat Washington / this week off.
5. San Francisco 49ers (6-2) -Frisco is well rested, and now the 49ers take on the best from the NFC South. First up Cam and the Cats from Carolina followed by a trip to face the Saints down in the Big Easy! Last week off / this week vs Carolina.
6. New England Patriots (7-2) - Tom Brady tossed four TD's & RB Steven Ridley rushed for over 100 yards and three, count them, three pass catchers each hauled in more than 100 yards in receiving. N.E. scored 55 points! Last week beat Pittsburgh 55-31 / this week off.
7. New Orleans Saints (6-2) - I'm slipping, I'm falling, will I get up? The Saints are facing a part of their schedule that can put them in a heated battle to stay alive in their own division. The Cats are closing fast. In eight games this season the Saints have rushed for over 100 yards two times. They failed to hit 80 yards in each of the other six games. Folks that's not good! Here come those Damn Cowboys! Last week lost to NY Jets 26-20 /this week vs Dallas.
8. Green Bay Packers (5-3) - I told you two weeks ago that the Pack could win all nine of their remaining games. But with QB Aaron Rodgers injured, all bets are off. Now we will find out how much the Packers value Matt Flynn. He's available! Weeee! Last week lost to Chicago 27-20 / this week vs Philadelphia.
9. Detroit Lions (5-3) - The Lions have back to back road games before a big showdown against the Packers. How big that game is depends on how the Lions do against the Bears and Steelers the next two weeks! Last week off / this week @ Chicago.
10. Carolina Panthers (5-3) - The only thing that had been keeping Carolina from making a run the last two seasons was their slow start. Now Carolina is 5-3, and they have a tenacious defense. With back to back games against elite teams, Carolina can open even more eyes around the league. Win the next two, and Carolina is a serious, "Super" serious contender! Last week beat Atlanta 34-10 / this week @ San Francisco.