Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Deke Bellavia: Turkey Week NFL Top 10 - Week #13
by Deke Bellavia, firstname.lastname@example.org, @dekebigchief,posted Nov 26 2013 11:51PM
Three huge match-ups headline this week's NFL Top 10. First place in the NFC and AFC are on the line, the battle of the Birds takes place between the Cardinals and Eagles in the City of Brotherly Love. And no one has won more games in a row right now that those Cats from Carolina. Here's my Turkey Week NFL Top 10! So weather you shake ‘n bake or buy and fry, I wish everyone a good Thanksgiving!
1. Seattle Seahawks (9-1) – The Seabirds are set to host the Saints in the biggest game of the season thus far. If Seattle wins this one, they can sit back and possibly chill for a few weeks before the second season begins. Last week Seattle had a bye / this week vs New Orleans.
2. New Orleans Saints (9-2) – Man, the Saints are kind of in playoff mode already. If this team wants to land one of the top two seeds in the NFC, they may have to win out. Isn't that the same mindset in the playoffs? Win out! Last week New Orleans beat Atlanta 17-13 / this week @ Seattle.
3. Carolina Panthers (8-3) – They are feeling hot, hot, hot down in Charlotte. The Cats from Carolina are for real. They've won seven straight and now are in a heated battle with the Saints and Seahawks for all the marbles in the NFC. The red hot Panthers could very easily be 9-1! Last week Carolina beat Miami 20-16 / this week vs Tampa Bay.
4. New England Patriots (8-3) – Man, in all of the great meetings between Peyton and Tom last Sunday's come from behind might have been the best. For the pretty one, that is. What a win! Last week New England beat Denver 34-31 / this week @ Houston.
5. Denver Broncos (9-2) – Did that really just happen? How could the White Horses let the Patriots come back and win? They didn't. New England took that one, baby! Oh well, can't cry over sour milk. The division title is on the line this week with a trip to Arrowhead. Last week Denver lost to New England 34-31 / this week @ Kansas City.
6. Kansas City Chiefs (9-2) –The Chiefs found some offense. Too bad they didn't play defense. Better get it right or else! Last week KC lost San Diego 41-38 / this week vs Denver.
7. Arizona Cardinals (7-4) – You know of all the 7-4 teams in the NFL only one won four straight games. Guess who? These Red Birds from the Desert are playing good football right now and they are one of four reasons why the NFC West is by far the best division in the NFL right now. Last week Arizona beat Indianapolis 40-11 / this week @ Philadelphia.
8. Cincinnati Bengals (7-4) – The Cats from C Town once had a comfortable lead in the rather inconsistent AFC North. Now the suddenly once left for dead boys from the Steel City are alive. Look out! A tough road trip this week as the Bolts are ready and waiting. Last week Cinci had a bye / this week @ San Diego.
9. Philadelphia Eagles (6-5) – Yes, I could have another team here, but the one thing that intrigues me about the Birds from the City of Brotherly Love is that they have the best road record in the NFL (5-1). Damn, they also have one of the worst at home (1-4). Even it out and the Eagles could take the NFC East. A monster match-up this weekend as the red hot Birds from the West are in town. Last week Phili had a bye/ this week vs Arizona.
10. Detroit Lions (6-5) – Yes, I could go with the 49ers here, but the Lions have the better QB and a far greater WR. And, they're in a much weaker division. So there you have it. My rationale about why Detroit rounds out my top ten. Hail to the team that made the NFL relevant on Turkey Day! Last week Detroit had a bye / this week vs Green Bay.