Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Deke Bellavia: Seahawks top NFL TOP 10 Week #14
by Deke Bellavia, firstname.lastname@example.org, @dekebigchief,posted Dec 4 2013 2:34PM
The Seahawks are the best. The Panthers have not lost a game in two months. Peyton is having another great REGULAR season. Pretty Boy Tom and the Boston Patriots are lurking. And, the Saints threw the Seattle game tape in the Gulf of Mexico. Here is my TOP 10 for this week!
1. Seattle Seahawks (11-1) – Say what you want, but this is the most complete team in the NFL. And when they play at home they are nearly invincible. Unless Seattle falls apart, the road to the Super Bowl will go through Century Link Field! Perhaps the only chance the Seahawks have to lose at home would be to an NFC West team. Last week Seattle beat up New Orleans 34-7 / this week @ San Francisco.
2. Carolina Panthers (9-3) – The hottest team in the NFL has now extended their win streak to eight games. Only the Chiefs (9-0) have won more consecutive games this season! If defense wins championships,the Panthers can win it all. They have a legit shutdown D! Last week Carolina beat Tampa Bay 27-6 / this week @ New Orleans.
3. Denver Broncos (10-2) – We know how good Peyton Manning and the Broncos are. But will they get it done in January? I'll believe it when I see it. Last week Denver beat Kansas City 35-28 / this week vs Tennessee.
4. New England Patriots (9-3) – New England has just about sewed up the AFC East and now the Pats can earn the #1 seed by having the same record as the Broncos. That come-from-behind win over Denver could prove to be huge in late January. Last week the Patriots beat Houston 34-31 / this week vs Cleveland.
5. Kansas City Chiefs (9-3) –The Chiefs could actually finish the season 13-3 and be the #5 seed in the AFC. Hey, those are the rules! Last week KC lost Denver 35-28 / this week @ Washington.
6. New Orleans Saints (9-3) – Man, the Saints made an exception to their 24 hour after a game rule. They reduced that to 24 minutes. Oh well, better get it right! The hottest team in the league comes to town Sunday night! Last week New Orleans lost to Seattle 34-7 / this week vs Carolina.
7. Cincinnati Bengals (8-4) – The Bengals still have a two game cushion over the Ravens in the AFC North. A key battle this week to decide playoff seeding takes place against the inconsistent Colts. Last week Cincybeat San Diego 17-10 / this week vs Indianapolis.
8. San Francisco (8-4) – The 49ers are right back in the thick of the NFC playoff hunt. Now the boys from Rice-A-Roni land will look to extract some revenge. The 49ers can make the race for the #1 seed in the NFC a lot more interesting with a win over the Seahawks. Last week San Francisco beat St. Louis 23-13 / this week vs Seattle.
9. Philadelphia Eagles (7-5) – The Eagles won their last two games at home upping their record to 7-5. Now the Eagles are in a heated battle with the Sliver Stars for the NFC East Title. Last week Philadelphia beat Arizona 24-21 / this week vs Detroit.
10. Dallas Cowboys (7-5) – The Cowboys still have everything in front of them. If Dallas wins the NFC East, they would have earned it. The Boys last four games are @ Chicago, home vs Green Bay followed by a trip to Washington and a huge one at home against the Eagles. Last week Dallas beat Oakland 31-24 / this week @ Chicago.