Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Deke Bellavia: NFL TOP 10 - Week #16
by Deke Bellavia,posted Dec 18 2013 11:50AM
The best two teams in the NFL are from the same division. With so much on the line, the Saints, Lions, Patriots, Broncos and Bengals all blew it! Now we shall see if those very same teams can rebound and take back control of their post season lives. Oh baby! Here’s my TOP 10 for the second to last week of the regular season!
1) Seattle Seahawks (12-2) – This team is by far the best team in the NFL. Perhaps the only team that can beat them this post season is their divisional rival San Francisco. The Seahawks can lock up the #1 seed and home field advantage this weekend with a win over Arizona. Last week Seattle beat NY Giants 23-0 / this week vs Arizona.
2) San Francisco 49ers (10-4) – Hey, this is my Top 10. And, yes, I do think the 49ers are the second best team in the NFL right now. They’ve won four straight games and are still alive for everything in the NFC. Now…a possible emotional last game in the place called Candlestick Park. Wow…what history has been made in that stadium! Last week the 49ers beat Tampa Bay 33-14 / this week vs Atlanta.
3) Denver Broncos (11-3) – I’ll put Denver here by default. Honestly, we all know how great Peyton is. He is great indeed. But, honesty is the best policy…and I don’t have a lot of confidence in Mr. Manning or the horses this post season. Last week the Broncos lost to San Diego 27-20 / this week vs Houston.
4) Kansas City Chiefs (11-3) – The Chiefs could finish with an impressive 13-3 overall record and be the #5 seed in the AFC playoffs. Oh well, better hope someone knocks off Denver in the last two weeks! Last week KC beat Oakland 56-31 / this week vs Indianapolis.
5) Carolina Panthers (10-4) – Carolina has been one of the best teams in the league in the month of December the last two years. A win this week could give Carolina the #2 seed and the NFC South crown. Will Superman be able to show us his crest on his chest this week? He didn’t the last time he played the Saints! Last week the Panthers beat NY Jets 30-20 / this week vs New Orleans.
6) New England Patriots (10-4) – The Patriots are a couple of hairs away from being an 8-6 team. Now “Pretty Boy Tom” and the hood wearing fellow that coaches him face a tough road test against a surging Ravens team. Last week New England lost to Miami 24-20 / this week @ Baltimore.
7) New Orleans Saints (10-4) – The Rams kicked them out of the Edwards Jones Dome. The head coach called his players out. And, if they don’t win one of their last two games the Black & Gold might be left out of the playoffs. Check please! Gut check, that is! Last week the Saints got beat by St. Louis 27-16 / this week @ Carolina.
8) Baltimore Ravens (8-6) – The Purple Birds can’t protect their QB; they can’t run the football…but the Ravens have the heart of a champion and a bad ass field goal kicker. Don’t look now but the Champs are lurking! Last week Baltimore beat Detroit 18-16/ this week vs New England.
9) Arizona Cardinals (9-5) – The Cardinals won six of the last seven games. Arizona could actually win 11 games and not make the playoffs. That’s how tough the NFC West is. Last week the Cardinals beat Tennessee 37-34OT / this week @ Seattle.
10) Cincinnati Bengals (9-5) – Last season the Ravens caught the Bengals in the last couple of weeks of the regular season. Right now it looks as if the Ravens will just have to wait and watch the Bengals fall to them. Again! Last week Cincinnati lost to Pittsburgh 30-20/ this week vs Minnesota.