by Deke Bellavia, email@example.com,posted Dec 12 2013 9:47AM
Seattle is still the best. The Saints proved that last week was not the real Black & Gold. The Broncos are staying ahead of the Patriots. Plus, the 49ers will not go quietly this post season. And, the NFC West is by far the toughest division in the NFL…and they are proving it! Here is my TOP 10 for week #15:
1. Seattle Seahawks (11-2) – The Hawks got a dose of their own medicine last week; held to under 270 yards of total offense in their loss to the 49ers. You know we were a few seconds away from having an NFC West championship game. It could very well happen. Last week Seattle loss to San Francisco 19 -16 / this week @ NY Giants.
2. Denver Broncos (11-2) – The White Horses got off to a slow start, but then hammered the Titans behind Manning's 4 TD passes. With one of the top two seeds already locked up, the Broncos will now have to deal with the shaky post season questions that their star AB will face a lot. Last week Denver beat Tennessee 51-28 / this week vs San Diego.
3. New England Patriots (10-3) – It took an on-sides kick and a late score, but the Pats came back after nearly blowing one to the lowly Browns. Now the Patriots keep the heat on the Broncos for the top spot in the AFC. Tom can add another AFC East title to his belt with a win over the Fins this weekend. Last week New England beat Cleveland 28-27 / this week @ Miami.
4. New Orleans Saints (9-3) – Man, the Saints kicked the Yin-Yang out of the Cats from Charlotte. Now the Who Dat Nation has control of the #2 spot in the NFC and the Saints can claim that spot by winning 2 of their last 3 games. Last week New Orleans beat Carolina / this week @ St. Louis.
5. Kansas City Chiefs (9-3) – The Chiefs snapped their 3-game losing streak in a big 45-10 win over the Redskins. KC returned a punt and a kickoff for a TD in their blowout win. KC will need a lot of help to catch the Broncos for the top spot in the AFC. Last week the Chiefs beat Washington 45-10 / this week vs Oakland.
6. Carolina Panthers (9-4) – The Cats 8-game win streak came to an end last week in the Big Easy. Now the Panthers must go on a 3-game win streak and hope the Saints lose 2 of their last 3…in order to win the NFC South. Last week Carolina lost to New Orleans 31-13 / this week vs NY Jets.
7. San Francisco 49ers (9-4) - Four Phil Dawson field goals and a nasty defensive effort told the Seabirds from the Great Northwest that the 49ers are going to be hard to beat. I would not be surprised if San Francisco and Seattle are both in the NFC Title game this January. Last week San Francisco beat Seattle 19-17 / this week @ Tampa Bay.
8. Cincinnati Bengals (9-4) – Andy Dalton threw 3 TD passes in the Bengals big win over the Colts. We know Cincinnati can get to the post season, but can they win? We are waiting to see! Last week the Bengals beat Indianapolis 42-28 / this week @ Pittsburgh.
9. Philadelphia Eagles (8-5) – The Eagles scored 28 points in the snow in the 4th quarter to come back and beat the Lions from Motown. Man, Shady McCoy plowed through the snow gashing the Cats for 219 yards and two scores. Now the Eagles remain atop the NFC East with just 3 games left. Last week Philibeat Detroit 34-20 / this week @ Minnesota.
10. Arizona Cardinals (8-5) – The Cardinals defense scored 9 points in the Red Birds big win over the Rams. Arizona is 8-5…winning only one NFC West contest this season. That shows you exactly how tough it is in the NFC West. And this division could very well send 3 teams to the playoffs. Last week Arizona beat St. Louis 30-10 / this week @ Tennessee.