by Deke Bellavia firstname.lastname@example.org @dekebigchief,posted Nov 25 2013 12:50PM
A lot of Iron is on the line this week on the plains, can “Hail to the Victors” (Michigan) knock off the Poisonous Nuts from Columbus (Ohio State)? The Tigers (Clemson) and Cocks (South Carolina) battle it out in the Palmetto State (South Carolina). And, the sunshine is bright on two Florida teams and I’m not talking about the Gators or Canes, instead the Noles (Florida State) and Knights (Central Florida). Man oh man, its rivalry week. Let’s get it on! Here’s my TOP 10 for the 13th week of college football.
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (11-0) – It’s the Iron Bowl. A lot of hype is forthcoming. Will the game live up to expectation? Don’t think Alabama can’t go over there and hand those Tigers their lunch. They sure can. And the real bettors will put money on Roll Tide! Last week Bama beat Chattanooga 49-0/ this week @ that other team in our state!
2. Florida State Seminoles - (11-0) – They scored 80 on I-Dah-Ho! The Noles will score at least half that much against the toothless Gators. Last week Florida State beat Idaho 80-14 / this week @ Florida.
3 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-0) – Time is running out for these Buckeyes. All I hear is how the Buckeyes are going to get left out of the BCS Title game. Who thinks they are a lock to beat those Spartans from East Lansing? I don’t! Last week Ohio State beat Indiana 42-14 / this week @ Michigan.
4. Auburn Tigers (10-1) – Great season or great program? Can you tell the difference? You will see the difference this week and into next season. The good thing about a game like this--the Tigers can do what they’ve been doing all season long--prove the world wrong! Last week Auburn was off / this week versus that other team in the state we hate but want to be like.
5. Oklahoma State Cowboys (9-1) – The Pokes can land in a nice BCS Bowl and finish with a possible top 5 ranking. Mike Gundy has done well, since all those preseason SI reports on how bad things are in Stillwater. Last week Oklahoma State beat Baylor 49-10 / next vs Oklahoma on Dec 7th.
6. Clemson Tigers (9-1) – The Tigers manhandled the Citadel and now will look to beat the team they love to hate…that happens to be from the same state. Last week Clemson beat the Citadel 52-6 / this week @ South Carolina.
7. Missouri Tigers (10-1) – The Tigers jumped a huge hurdle last week with a big road win over the Rebels. Now the Tigers can advance to the SEC Title game with a win over Texas A&M. Last week Missouri beat Ole Miss 24-10 / this week vs Texas A&M.
8. South Carolina Gamecocks (9-2) – South Cack-A-Lacka scored 70 on Coastal Carolina. Now the Cocks can improve their ranking with a win over the Tigers from Clemson. Man these teams hate each other. Last week South Carolina beat Coastal Carolina 70-12 / this week vs Clemson.
9. Michigan State Spartans (10-1) – The most overlooked team in all of college football can really prove their worth with a win over Ohio State. For the last 12 weeks all we’ve heard is how Ohio State is going to get left out of the National Title game. That’s a slap in the face to a team that is good on defense as anyone (with 12.1 points per game allowed). I’ve got to be honest…I’m for the Spartans this week. And my favorite all time MSU players are the late great Bubba Smith and Percy Snow. Google it! Don’t fall asleep against a good Minnesota team this week. Last week Michigan State beat Northwestern 30-6 / this week vs Minnesota.
10. Baylor Bears (9-1) – Did the real Bears stand up last week? Or, shall I say sit down? And Baylor’s supposedly unstoppable offense was shut down when they lost to Oklahoma State 49-17 / this week @ TCU.