The Mile High Horses showed some gaps in their defense but still won in Big D. The Who Dat Nation is proud of their new look defense, and the Chiefs are also perfect. You know the Saints and Chiefs won a combined nine games last season. They've won a combined 10 together already this season.
This week we have a four TD favorite for the first time as the Broncos host the Jags, and the Saints are going for some Clam Chowder. Will cheese be served in the land of Crab Cakes? Let's take a look at this week's top 10!
1. Denver Broncos (5-0) - Ah snap! The Broncos will become the biggest single game favorite in the history of the NFL. Man I would not give 28 points to anybody in this league. Well maybe to the Jaguars I would. Last week Dallas 51-48 / this week vs Jacksonville.
2. New Orleans Saints (5-0) - Don't look now but the Saints are the most complete they have been, perhaps ever! Now the WDN travels to the East to face the once beaten New England Patriots. A win over the Patriots, and the rest of the national media will be calling the Saints the best team in the NFL. Watch! Last week beat Chicago 26-18 / this week @ New England.
3. Kansas City Chiefs (5-0) - Run the ball well, win the turnover battle and play good on special teams. Yep, if you do those things you can win. That's what the Chiefs are doing right now. Can KC be 9-0 when the play Denver in week 10? Possibly! Last week beat Tennessee 26-17/ this week vs Oakland.
4. Indianapolis Colts (4-1) - If I had to say who was the best team in the AFC right now, I'd say Denver... but not by much. The Colts have a sound team, and the youthfulness of this group will only get better with experience. These Colts will be around for a long time. Last week beat Seattle 34-28 / this week @ San Diego.
5. Seattle Seahawks (4-1) - Ok, if you looked at it realistically the Seabirds should have lost last week to the Texans and won, but they were unable to get by the Colts. Seattle is still one of the best teams in the league, and they look as if they will be in the home field advantage conversation all season long. Losing to an AFC team is not that bad! Last week lost to Indianapolis 34-28/ this week vs Tennessee.
6. New England Patriots (4-1) - The streak is over, and now the Pats face a big one at home against the 5-0 Saints. The networks are hoping for a best of Brees and Brady show here. A regular season matchup that features two of the greats to every play QB. Don't be shocked if that new and improved defense from Who Dat Land steals the show. I ain't lying y'all! Last week lost to Cincinnati 13-6/ this week vs New Orleans.
7. San Francisco 49ers (3-2) - The 49ers are the best 3-2 team in the league. With a coach like Harbaugh and a sound club, the 49ers will be in the playoff mix in the NFC again this season. A good matchup this week as the Cards come to town. Last week beat Houston 34-3/ this week vs Arizona.
8. Baltimore Ravens (3-2) - The Ravens have the talent to be as good as anyone, but coming off a Super season makes things harder this year. Baltimore looks to have some stern comp in their division in the Cats from the Natty! Now a big time game goes down with the Cheese Heads coming to town. Last week beat Miami 26-23 / this week vs Green Bay.
9. Cincinatti Bengals (3-2) - The Cats from C-Town are good but inconsistent. If QB Andy Dalton plays well, this team is sound. The Bengals have one of the best defenses in the league. The Bengals should be 7-2 before they head to Baltimore for an AFC North showdown with the Ravens. Last week beat New England 13-6 / this week vs Buffalo.
10. Green Bay Packers (2-2) - Aaron Rodgers is too damn good not to be ranked in the top 10. Green Bay somehow has been forgotten about in the NFC conversation. Why? Maybe if the Cheese Packers pass this week's test against the Ravens on the road, then they might just get some national love! Last week beat Detroit 22-9/ this week @ Baltimore.