1. Green Bay Packers – They are still mad that they won all those games in September, October, November and December but then went 1-1 in January! The Pack will be back and they will be hard to beat this season.
2. New England Patriots – Yes, Tom Pretty and the Pats are still the class of the AFC, and one of the best in the NFL. But the main question is will this team ever win another title? Their window of opportunity is slowly closing!
3. Philadelphia Eagles – Yes I’m buying the Eagles hype! This is a team that got hot a little too late last season. I think they will be the class of the NFC East and one of the best teams in the league this season.
4. New Orleans Saints – With all the things that this team went through last season they are still favored to win 12 games. That’s enough for me to believe. Wouldn't it be something to see Goodell have to give the trophy to Joe Vitt who would then in turn hand it off to Sean Payton! Talk about payback being a B! Who Dat!
5. Houston Texans – The Texans are loaded! They have talent on both sides of the ball. Houston has depth at WR, RB, and QB too. The Texans should have an easy time in the AFC South and they should be in contention for one of the top two seeds in the AFC this season as well.
6. Baltimore Ravens – Aw man, the Ravens were oh so close to winning it all last season! I think that this team has another run or two in them. Can’t blame QB Joe Flacco no more! He stepped up last season.
7. San Francisco 49ers – The biggest and best off-season moves were made by Frisco. What’s not to like about this team? They got a good coach, good backs, solid WR's, and a salty defense. Oops, I forgot QB Alex Smith! Oh well, no team is perfect.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers – The Steelers should be in contention to win double digit games again this season. The longest-tenured Steeler is no longer in the fold. Now what will Pittsburgh do without Hines Ward? We shall see.
9. New York Giants – They got hot at the right time, but come on...It’s hard to win back to back titles in the NFL. The last time the G-Men were coming off a title they went 12-4 and the #1 seed, only to lose to the Eagles in the Divisional round. It’s tough in this league to repeat!
10. Denver Broncos – Denver has a solid O-Line, very sound defense, and yes a new QB in Peyton. Denver will have as many headlines this season as they did last year with Timmy T, minus all the hype. This is a better team going into this season without question than they were a year ago.
On the outside looking in: Atlanta – Matty ''Cold as Ice in the playoffs'' Ryan has gained seven pounds and says that his team is ready to take the next step. Well it’s good to know that Atlanta might finally win a playoff game. Hey, I’m not hating. The Birds are 0-3 in the post season under Ice Ice Matthew.
Detroit – The Lions will score points but can they stop anyone when it counts?
Oakland – I like the way this team is built, and I think they can win the AFC West this season.