The Pack is back and well rested, the young QB from In-dee is hot, hot, hot, the Buzzard’s from Atlanta got punked once again by the Black and Gold, and the Texans are still the best team deep in the heart of Texas. Let’s take a look at this week’s NFL Top 10.
1. Houston Texans (8-1) - The Texans out Chicago-ed the Bears last week in the Windy City. Houston is one of a few teams in the NFL that even if their offense is not working,their defense has enough to carry the load. Last week beat Chicago 13-6 / this week vs Jacksonville.
2. Green Bay Packers (6-3) – The Packers have shrugged off a slow start and now look like one of the elite teams in the NFL. Even without a decent running game, the Packers are still going to be awfully hard to be in the post season. Last week off / this week @ Detroit.
3. Baltimore Ravens (7-2) – The Ravens did what just about everyone does when they play Oakland, and that is beat up the Raiders. Now they can take control of the AFC North with a win over a Big Ben-less Steelers team. Last week beat Oakland 55-20 / this week 2 Pittsburgh.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) – The Steelers almost suffered an embarrassing loss to the hapless Chiefs last week, but did get the W in OT. Now the Steelers may need some back-up help in a crucial part of the season. Last week beat KC 13-10 / this week vs Baltimore.
5. San Francisco (6-2-1) – The 49ers need five quarters for a tie? Still, this team is well built and they should make another deep run this post season. Last week tied St. Louis 24-24 / this week vs Chicago.
6. Chicago Bears (7-2) – The Bears got beat at their own game last week in a low scoring game against the Texans. Now a tough road trip to the West Coast will be difficult against another defensive-led team in San Francisco. Last week lost to Houston 13-6 / this week @ San Francisco.
7. Atlanta Falcons (8-1) – The Dirty Birds got a dose of reality when they took a trip down to the Big Easy. Of course Rowdy Roddy White says he and his Black Birds gave the game away. Oh, don’t give away too many more or you will be a road team this post season. The Falcons are 0-3 in their last three trips to the post season. I ask you all, do you believe in the ATL? Not no, but hell no! Last week got beat by New Orleans 31-27 / this wee vs Arizona.
8. New England Patriots (6-3) – The Patriots took care of the Bills 37-31 but still trail division leaders Baltimore and Houston for a 1st round bye. Oh well, there is a lot of football left, so Tom and the Pats could very well lean on a weak AFC East to climb back into the top of the conference. Last week beat Buffalo 37-31 / this week vs Indianapolis.
9. Indianapolis Colts (6-3) – The Colts are playing well and QB Andrew Luck is playing much better than anyone thought. Now the Colts have a chance to stay in control of one of the two wildcard spots with a win over the Patriots. Last week beat Jacksonville 27-10 / this week @ New England.
10. Seattle Seahawks (6-4) – It should be noted that the Vikings also deserve some mention to be ranked, but I’ll go with the team with the better QB in Seattle’s Russell Wilson. Seattle’s schedule sets up nicely down the stretch of the season, and I think they will be in great position to land a Wildcard in the NFC. Last week beat NY Jets 28-7 / this week off.