The Dirty Birds hope this is not their only trip to the Big Easy, the Bears are beating people up with their new Black and Blue Defense, the Texans will test the Monsters of the Midway, and the Pack is back and roaring. And the Steel Curtin is as strong as it has been in quite some time! The league is looking more wide open than ever before.
1. Atlanta (8-0) – The Dirty Birds are the only unbeaten in the NFL, and now they head to New Orleans for the first of what they hope is two trips to the Big Easy! Hey let’s face it, this team will earn their stripes in the post season. Last week beat Dallas 19-13 / this week @ New Orleans.
2. Houston (6-1) – The Texans did not look all that impressive last week in a win over the Bills. Now a trip to face the new look Monsters of the Midway could be a possible preview of the Super Bowl. Last week beat Buffalo 21-9 / this week @ Chicago.
3. Chicago (7-1) – The Bears defense is as good as some teams' offense when it comes to scoring TD’s on big plays. Chicago does not need much offense, but they have more than enough now. Chicago is a legit Super Bowl contender. Bear Down! Last beat Tennessee 51-20 / this week vs Houston.
4. Green Bay (6-3) - QB Aaron Rodgers threw 4 TD's in a big win over Arizona. Now the Cheese Heads will get some rest and pull for the Texans over rival Chicago. Last week beat Arizona 31-17 / this week bye.
5. San Francisco (6-2) – The 49ers are well rested, and will now look to pull ahead of the pack in the NFC West beginning this week with a home date against the Rams of St. Louis. Last week bye / this week vs St. Louis.
6. Pittsburgh (5-3) – The Steelers dominated the Giants in their own back yard as they shut down Eli and the G-Men. Pittsburgh still has everything in front of them and they could still finish with home field in the AFC. Here we go Steelers, here we go! Last week beat New York Giants 24-20 / this week vs Kansas City.
7. Baltimore (6-2) – The Ravens are 6-2 and in control of the North right now, but the Steelers are red hot. The home stretch of the season could see the winner of the North get to New Orleans for the Super Bowl! Last week beat Cleveland 25-13 / this week vs Baltimore.
8. New England (5-3) – Tom got some time to tease his pretty hair, and Bill spent his time off washing his sweatshirt to prepare for the second half of the season. New England should rise above the rest of a rather weak East Division starting this week with a game against the Buffalo. Last week bye / this week vs Buffalo.
9. NY Giants (6-3) – The Comeback Kid and his Salsa-dancing playmaker could only muster up a little over 200 yards against the Blitzburgh Steelers. Still, the G-Men got a break as all teams in the NFC East lost this weekend. It was like the Giants didn’t even play! This team has it all! Last week lost to Pittsburgh 24-20 / this week @ Cincinnati.
10. Indianapolis (5-3) – Yes, this Colts Team is for real. I mean, think about it...if QB Andrew Luck was all that everyone says he was, shouldn’t the Colts be a decent team? This young kid is going to be great, which he is already playing like. Last week beat Miami 23-20 / this week @ Jacksonville.