OK, the NFC West still reigns supreme, and the G-Men from New York pulled off one of the most impressive regular-season wins ever...and then Big Bro Peyton showed up Lil' Bro Eli on MNF. Let’s take a look at this week’s Top Ten!
1. Atlanta (6-0) – Give it up folks, the ATL is the only remaining undefeated team in the NFL. Although the Falcons were out-gained and out-played last week, they still beat the Raiders. Now the Falcons can set their sights on home-field advantage in the NFC. Last week beat Oakland 23-20 / this week bye
2. NY Giants (4-2) – The most impressive regular season win I’ve ever seen last week happened when the G-Men blasted the 49ers. San Francisco had outscored their previous two foes 78-3, but not only did New York shut down the 49ers, they beat them down on both sides of the ball. New York will be a major factor this post season again! Last week beat San Francisco 26-3 / this week vs. Washington.
3. Baltimore (5-1) – The Ravens needed every bit of energy to beat a pesky Cowboys team last weekend. The off-season addition of Jacoby Jones has been huge, as Double-J made the Blue Stars pay with a 108-yard kickoff return for a TD. Now, will a preview of the AFC Title Game take place this week in H-Town? Last week beat Dallas 31-29 / this week @ Houston.
4. Houston (5-1) – The Texans had their worst week of the season. The Texans lost LB Brian Cushing for the year, then got beat to a pulp by a mad Packers team...and now they have to take on the Ravens. Welcome back to earth Houston, there could very well be a problem! Last week lost Green Bay 42-24 / this week vs. Baltimore.
5. Chicago (4-1) – The Bears enjoyed a week off and will now take on Northern foe Detroit on MNF. The Bears need to keep a distance between themselves and the Packers. Last week bye / this week vs. Detroit .
6. San Francisco (4-2) – The 49ers got hand-delivered a dose of reality last week, courtesy of the NYG. Now the 49ers need to rebound against NFC West foe Seattle. Last week got beat by New York Giants 26-3 / this week vs. Seattle.
7. Minnesota (4-2) – The Vikings suffered a tough loss on the road last week to a good Washington team. This week, I guess we will find out which of the 4-2 teams is legit when the Red Birds from the West come to the Twin Cities. Last week lost Washington 38-26 / this week vs Minnesota.
8. Arizona (4-2) – Arizona missed a golden opportunity to stay ahead of the 49ers, but fell in overtime to Buffalo. After winning four straight, the Cards have now lost their last two games. Three straight losses may put this team in a downward spiral. Last week lost to Buffalo 19-16 / this week @ Minnesota.
9. Seattle (4-2) – Give it up to Pete C and the Seabirds. In the last three weeks, this team has picked up wins over the Green Bay Packers and the New England Patriots. Seattle has a good young QB and their defense is playing well. A win this week on the road against the 49ers would make us believe even more into these Hawks. Last week beat New England 24-23 / this week @ San Francisco.
10. You tell me! - Do we call the first six weeks of the NFL season good, or are we seeing some bad football? There are only two teams in the AFC with winning records...and when you look at the entire landscape of the NFL right now, only 9 teams are above five hundred. I’d have to go with the White Horses from Mile High after their dramatic comeback win over San Diego, and then I’d also give some love to Washington, Miami St. Louis. Other than that, well…..