Big Chief's NFL Top 10 week #6
OK, the NFC West still reigns supreme in the NFL, the 49ers are on fire and this week, and ‘Frisco has a rematch with the G-Men from NY. Let’s take a look at this week’s top ten!
1. Houston (5-0) – The Texans just keep rolling along. Now they have to deal with the loss of one of their best defensive players in LB Brian Cushing. Last week beat NY Jets 23-16 / this week vs. Green Bay.
2. Atlanta (5-0) – Give it up folks, the ATL is for real. Even when these Dirty Dirty Birds have not played their best they have proven they can win. Now, on to 6-0 with an easy one against the Raiders. Last week beat Washington 24-17 / this week vs. Oakland.
3. San Francisco (4-1) – The 49ers have outscored their opponents 78-3 the last two weeks of the season. This team does not need much offense, but when they get 45 points and 621 yards of total offense, no team can stand up to these dudes! Last week beat Buffalo 45-3 / this week vs. New York Giants.
4. Chicago (4-1) – The Bears could actually get swept by their rival Green Bay and still win this division. Chicago looks like a team that could get on a roll. Now these Monsters of the Midway will go into hibernation for a week before the second half of the season begins. Last week beat Jacksonville 41-3 / this week bye.
5. Baltimore (4-1) – The Purple Birds are kind of like a college team. What I mean by that is this team plays down to their competition. The Ravens are far better than Cleveland and KC but could have lost to both. But hey, it’s all about winning and that’s what this team does. Look for the Ray’s, Rice and Lewis, and Eddie Reed to have a big day against the team that everyone love to get up for, the Blue Stars! Last week beat Kansas City 9-6 / this week vs. Dallas.
6. Minnesota (4-1) – Yes, the Vikings are here, and they deserve to be ranked this high! This is the NFL people, every win is hard to come by. Not many of us thought this team could win four games this season. Peterson and Gerhart is a solid tandem in the backfield, and young Christian Ponder is playing well right now. Oh yes, Coach Frazier knows a thing or two about defense too! Last week beat Tennessee 30-7 / this week @ Washington.
7. Arizona (4-1) – Although the Red Birds dropped their first game of the season, they did so to a much improved Rams team. If it’s in the “Cards” for Arizona to be a playoff team they have to beat teams like Buffalo. We shall see. Last week lost to St. Louis 17-3 / this week vs Buffalo.
8. New England (3-2) – With no legit contender in the AFC East, the Pats have the luxury of not having to win 12, 13, or 14 games to capture their division title. With that said, if this team wants to earn one of the top two seeds, they may need to win that many games! Last week beat Denver 31-21 / this week @ Seattle.
9. NY Giants (3-2) – Down 0-14, no problem, fo-get-ah-bout-it! Its New York, Jersey baby! Eli Manning is the best QB in the game right now. As long as Eli is under center, this team has a chance. However, I’m putting my ducks on the 49ers this weekend. Last week beat Cleveland 41-27 / this week @ San Francisco.
10. Pittsburgh (3-2) – Here we go! Pittsburgh’s going to the…hmmm, I’m not quite sure where this team is going. The Steelers are old and banged up on defense, they are still trying to find their offensive identity, and they look like they have fallen a few steps behind the Ravens! Hey, I don’t make this stuff up! Last week beat Philadelphia 16-14 / this week @ Tennessee.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minnesota, New England, New York, Oakland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Tennessee, WashingtonPeople : Christian Ponder, Eddie Reed, Eli Manning, Frazier, Lewis