The AFC West is home to two unbeatens, the Saints let one Tom away in the land of Clam Chowder, the White Horses did not cover and the Pack is clearly back. Here’s my top 10 as we move into the 7th week of the 2013 NFL Regular season!
1. Denver Broncos (6-0) – Never give any team in a professional level that many points. Denver is good but they are not invincible. Now a much-anticipated trip back to Lucas Oil awaits Mr. Manning and his horses. Last week beat Jacksonville / this week @ Indianapolis
2. Kansas City Chiefs (6-0) – Hali! Tamba Hali that is. Man the Chiefs got themselves a sure fire defense. Last week 10 sacks, including 3.5 by Hali took place in Arrowhead stadium in a win over the Raiders. Don’t look now but we could be headed for an undefeated showdown with Denver in three weeks! Last week Oakland 24-7 / this week vs Houston.
3. Seattle Seahawks (5-1) – The Seabirds got a monster game from RB Marshawn Lynch last week. ML had 155 yards from scrimmage and two scores in the win over the Titans. Now a short week with a road test in the division takes place Thursday in Glendale. Last week Tennessee 34-28/ this week @ Arizona.
4. New England Patriots (5-1) – You can’t give Tom Brady an extra possession. Now the Patriots feel much better about themselves with a win over a quality team. Watch out this week as Rex and the planes are ready in the Big Apple. Last week New Orleans/ this week @ NY Jets.
5. New Orleans Saints (5-1) – Oh boys from the Big Easy, you know better than dat! You can't give Tom Brady dat many chances! With Dat said, even the most loyal member of the WDN (Who Dat Nation) would have taken a 5-1 start to the season. And you know this man! Last week beat New England 30-27 / this week bye.
6. Indianapolis Colts (4-2) –The Colts fell on the road to the Bolts. But a win over the horses would most certainly put the Colts in the Super Class of NFL elite teams! Last week lost to San Diego 19-9/ this week vs Denver.
7. San Francisco 49ers (4-2) – Mr. Kaepernick had a decent day, tossing 2 TD’s in a 12 point win over the Cardinals. Now a tough road trip takes place in Music City USA against Tennessee. Last week beat Arizona 32-20 / this week @ Tennessee.
8. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2) – The Bengals survived a scare in upstate NY against the Bills. Now the natty is in sole possession of 1st place in the AFC North! Off to Motown they go this week. I wonder if the Bengals pack any of that Skyline Chili when they are on the road? Last week beat Buffalo 27-24/ this week @ Detroit.
9. Green Bay Packers (3-2) –No Clay Matthews? No problem. Mr. A.J. Hawk more than took up the slack with three sacks and 10 tackles. The Packers are quietly becoming one of the league’s elite teams after a slow start to the season. Last week beat Baltimore 19-17/ this week vs Cleveland.
10. Detroit Lions (4-2) – I thought the Lions picked up a quality win on the road last week at Cleveland. Now the Lions go back home to take on a very good Bengals Team. Last week beat Cleveland 31-17 / this week vs Cincinnati.