Ok folks we are now moving into separation territory. What that means is we are starting to see which teams are revealing themselves as Super Bowl Contenders and what teams are still in “find out” mode… meaning we are yet to find out about so-called playoff-caliber teams.
Down South, an undefeated showdown takes place in the Big Easy, the Monsters of the Midway are for real, the Sea Birds are still the best and the Steelers and Giants are a combined 0-6. Who would have thought that? Let’s take a look at my top ten for the fourth week of the 2013 NFL Season.
1. Seattle Seahawks (3-0) – Right now it looks like the Seahawks are the class of the NFL. The biggest thing with this team is that they need home field to get to the Super Bowl. It might be up to the Saints and Bears to keep that from happening. And the first loss of the season is more likely than not this week in the H-Town. Last week beat Jacksonville 45-17 / this week @ Houston.
2. Denver Broncos (3-0) – The Horses look like the class of the AFC right now. But folks the ghost of NFL past post seasons have always haunted Mr. Manning. Mr. Peyton Manning, that is. We shall see. Last week beat Oakland 37-21 / this week vs Philadelphia.
3. New Orleans Saints (3-0) – Amazing! How can the Saints defense be one of the best in the league after being the worst in league history a year ago? Does coaching make that much of a difference? Rob Ryan has! Don’t let these Who Dats get home field. If they do it’s off to the Big Apple they shall go. You better ask somebody! Last week beat Arizona 31-7 / this week vs Miami.
4. Chicago Bears (3-0) – If only Lovie Smith could have had this offense he would still be employed in Chicago. Folks, the Bears are for real. Watch out this week as a pretty good Lions Team in Motown is ready and waiting. Last week beat Pittsburgh 40-23 / this week @ Detroit.
5. New England Patriots (3-0) – The Patriots scored 17 second quarter points in a 23-3 win over Tampa Bay. Now the Patriots look as if they have some competition in the AFC East in the fast swimming Dolphins. But this week the Patriots as well as the Who Dat Nation is pulling hard for Tom and the hoody! Last week beat Tampa Bay 23-3 / this week @ Atlanta.
6. Kansas City Chiefs (3-0) – Say what you want, but the Chiefs might be the best match-up to derail the red hot Broncos. KC can get after the QB, they have shut down CB’s, and there coach ain’t scared of nutin’! I’m happy for the KC Fans. After all, the man that coined the words “Super Bowl” once owned the Chiefs. Hell, least they deserve is a winning team. Right? Last week beat Philadelphia 26-16 / this week vs NY Giants.
7. Miami Dolphins (3-0) – The Fins are as good as they’ve been in a long time. QB Ryan Tannehill is maturing at a fast rate and the Dolphins have a very good defense. A road win this week over New Orleans would serve notice to the rest of the NFL that Miami is the real deal. Last week beat Atlanta 27-23 / this week @ New Orleans.
8. Indianapolis Colts (2-1) – I’m telling you, this team is good. I saw the Colts defense shut down the 49ers for four quarters. And now with the addition of Trent Richardson, the Colts look like they are a more complete team. Look out AFC another Super Contender has arrived and it took them less than two seasons post Manning to do so. Last week beat San Francisco 27-7 / this week @ Jacksonville.
9. Baltimore Ravens (2-1) – The Purple Birds bounced the Texans 30-9. Baltimore looks as if they have one legit threat in their own division. And for the first time in a long time it’s not the Steelers. I think the Ravens will once again have a say in which AFC Team makes it to the Super Bowl. Last week beat Houston 30-9 / this week @ Buffalo.
10. Cincinnati Bengals (2-1) – The Bengals came up big with a come from behind win over a very good Green Bay Team. The Bengals got after QB Aaron Rodgers and the Cats defense did a number all day long on the Cheese Heads. Could this be the year the Bengals make a deep run? Maybe, possibly, probably? Last week beat Green Bay 34-30 / this week @ Cleveland.