The Pack keeps on rolling, the Pats are well-rested, the Saints set a record in the Dome, and the Lions are fading fast! Here is my Top Ten as we move into the half way point of the 2011 season!
1. Green Bay Packers (7-0) – Every time the Packers have gotten off to this kind of start they have gone on to win championships. I don’t see why they won’t get another title this year! Green Bay all the way! Last week beat Minnesota 33-27 / this week off.
2. New England Patriots (5-1) – Tom teased his hair in his off time, while Bill probably called ole buddy Sick Naban down in Tuscaloosa. I wonder if Bill asked Nick for tickets to the big game on November 5th…Maybe they could both wear those sexy cutoff sweatshirts on national TV together! Back to work this week against the Steelers! Last week Off / this week @ Pittsburgh.
3. San Francisco 49ers (5-1) – The 49ers were off last week and still picked up more breathing room on the rest of the NFC West Field. Is it me or does the NFC West seem like the Conference USA of professional football? Oh well, these 49ers can inch closer to clinching their division with a win this week over the high-scoring Browns, who beat the Seahawks 6-3 last week! Last week off / this week vs Cleveland.
4. New Orleans Saints (5-2) – The Saints are so good on offense their back-up play caller dialed up 62 points for the Black and Gold offense. Look for another Black and Gold blowout this week in St. Louis. Can the Rams borrow the Blues nickname? Last week beat Indianapolis 62-7 / this week @ St. Louis.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2) – QB Big Ben must be enjoying the married life. Since Rothlisberger settled down off the field, his game has been salty in the passing game! Now beat Tom B and the Pats, and the Steelers will have proven that they are still the class of the AFC. Last week beat Arizona 32-20 / this week vs New England.
6. Baltimore Ravens (4-2) – Baltimore blew a chance to keep the heat on the Steelers and remain in the top part of the AFC with a disappointing loss to the Jags. Don’t fret, the Red Birds are in town this week just in time for the Purple Birds to take out their frustrations! Last week lost Jacksonville 12-7 . / this week vs Arizona.
7. NY Giants (4-2) – New York is well-rested, and they need it, because of the monster match-up this week against Miami! Say what? This ain’t the Heat taking on the Knicks, is it? Giants should roll here. Last week off / this week vs Miami.
8. Buffalo Bills (4-2) – Buffalo needs a win this week to prove that they are going to hang around in the East with the Pats and Planes. Buffalo should be able to add to the Redskins’ misery this weekend. Last week off/ this week vs Washington.
9. Detroit Lions (5-2) – Oh snaps! Is this the beginning of the end for the young Cats from the Motor City? If Detroit losses to Timmy and the Horses, their season could be on the way out! Uh oh! Don’t lose this week. Last week lost to Atlanta 23-16/ this week @ Denver.
10. San Diego Chargers (4-2) – The Bolts blew a two-score lead and let one get away as Sexy Rexy and the Jets beat SD…Now, a division tilt against the red hot Chiefs from Arrowhead! Don’t look now, but the Chiefs could be in first place after a 0-3 start! Last week lost to NY Jets 27-21 / this week @ Kansas City.