Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Big Chief's NFL Rankings week #7
by Deke Bellavia,posted Oct 18 2011 2:33PM
The Cheese Packers just keep rolling right along, and the only question now is how many regular season games will the Pack win on their way to another of their own coaches trophy. The Who Dat's fell under the Pirates' Ship, the Pats lightly spanked the boys from Cow land, the Kings of the Jungle from the Motor City were treated to a little Rice-A-Roni, and Bills could not take a bite out of the Big Apple! So let's take a look at this week's rankings as we enter the seventh week of the 2011 regular season.
1. Green Bay Packers (6-0) – The Packers kind of took it easy on the winless lambs, and now they can face their second hated rival in the Vi-Queens from Minnesota. Green Bay all the way! Last week beat St. Louis. 24-3 / this week @ Minnesota.
2. Baltimore Ravens (4-1) – Baltimore served a lot of Ray Rice to the Texans. The Purple Birds are alone atop the AFC North, and now they can keep the pressure on everyone else in the division with a win over the Jaguars. Last week beat Houston 29-14 / this week @ Jacksonville.
3. New England Patriots (5-1) – New England is in control of everything right now in the AFC East. After a close call against the Cowboys, the Pats get a week off before the second half of the season starts. Wonder if Tom will take Bill shopping for some new threads! Do they sell those cut off sweat shirts in Dolce and Gabbana? Last week beat Dallas 20-16 / this week Off.
4. San Francisco 49ers (5-1) – Please believe that these 49ers are for real. Last season the NFC West Champ won seven games. San Fran already has five under their belts. The 49ers can run the ball, and they stop the run. And their coach will kick your ass too! Man oh man fans must be amped in Frisco! Last week beat Detroit 25-19 / this week off.
5. Detroit Lions (5-1) – The Lions had a chance to really keep the heat on other teams in the NFC but lost to the 49ers. Now a tough challenge awaits in the Motor City in those Black Birds from the ATL. Last week lost to San Francisco 25-19 / this week vs. Atlanta.
6. San Diego Chargers (4-1) – SD can prove a lot over the next two weeks with games against the Jets and Packers looming ahead. Win those and the Chargers will prove they are “super” caliber. Last week off / this week @ NY Jets.
7. New Orleans Saints (4-2) – The Saints could not run the ball, they could not stop the run and Coach Payton got run into and hurt. Man just put this loss behind ya and focus on two winless teams the next two games. The Saints need to correct some things if they are going to be a legit threat to the Packers! Last week lost to Tampa Bay 26-20 / this week vs. Indianapolis.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2) –RB Rashard Mendenhall did not look gimpy to me as he gashed the Jags for 146-yards. Big Ben is playing well, and the Steelers are quietly back in the thick of things in a wide open AFC! Here they go! Last week beat Jacksonville 17-13 / this week @ Arizona.
9. NY Giants (4-2) – New York currently looks like the best team in a crappy division. RB Ahamad Bradshaw looked salty with three rushing TD's for the G-Men. Now the Giants get a little rest before the second half of the season begins. Last week beat Buffalo 27-24 / this week off.
10. Buffalo Bills (4-2) – Buffalo is 4-2 with two heartbreaking losses on the road against the Bengals and G-Men. No worries! Did any of us think that the Bills would be relevant after six games? Not no, but hell no! Last week lost to NY Giants 27-14 / this week off.