Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Big Chief's NFL Rankings week #11
by Deke Bellavia,posted Nov 15 2011 2:43PM
The stars at night shine real bright deep in the heart of “Houston” Texas! Green Bay is perfect but still just one game ahead in the NFC, the Saints are back, and Tom and Bill have taken down the Jets again. Here is my top ten as we move into week eleven of the season.
1. Green Bay Packers (10-0) – Ten and oh and six more regular season games to go. The other Bay (Tampa) becomes victim number eleven this week in Cheese Land! Monday night beat Minnesota 45-7/ this week vs Tampa Bay.
2. San Francisco 49ers (8-1) – The 49ers are just winning games. The Giants had the better numbers overall but San Fran won the game. This team steps closer to clinching their division each week and don’t look now but they are on Green Bay’s --- oh well you know what I’m trying to say. The Wright Brothers could fly, Ringling Brothers could circus and the Blues Brothers could dance. And yes those Harbaugh Brothers can coach! Last week beat NY Giants 27-20 / this week vs Arizona.
3. Houston (7-3) – The Texans are the best team in the AFC. After a blowout win over Tampa, the boys from the H-Town can now set their goals on the top spot in the AFC. If Houston could get home field in the AFC they might only have to travel once this post season…and that would be in February to Indianapolis! Last week beat Tampa Bay 37-9 / this week bye.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3) –The Steelers got a big win over the Bengals and then got some unexpected help from Seattle! The Steelers were swept by the Ravens and could have a two-game lead over the Purple Birds with some help from Cincy! Hey in this league, you have to take what you can. Last week beat Cincinnati 24-17 / this week bye.
5. New Orleans Saints (7-3) – The Saints got a huge win on the road at Atlanta last weekend. Now the Saints get some much-needed rest before the final six games of the season. If this team can find a way to stop the run consistently and just be even in the turnover battle, they will stick around the post season a long time! Last week beat Atlanta 26-23 / this week bye.
6. New England Patriots (6-3) – The Patriots are back in control of the AFC East after Tom showed out in the Big Apple. You know this team does not need much defense to win a lot of games. New England looks like a team that’s about to emerge as the favorite in the up and down AFC. Last week beat New York Jets 37-16 / this week vs Kansas City.
7. Baltimore Ravens (6-3) – Baltimore is a major disappointment. This team should be undefeated as their three losses have come to Jacksonville, Tennessee and Seattle. The Ravens should be ashamed of themselves losing too much lesser teams. If this team ever plays with consistency they could be dangerous. The Purple Bird Rollercoaster is playing host to the Bengals this week! Last week lost Seattle 22-17 / this week vs Cincinnati.
8. Chicago Bears (6-3) – The Bears have quietly gotten back into contention in the NFC North, and the rest of the conference as well, as far as the playoff battle is concerned. QB Jay Cutler is getting a little more time to throw…And the best RB in the game today, Matt Forte, is having a Pro Bowl type season. These Monsters of the Midway are playing really good right now after a blowout win of the former kings of the jungle! Last week beat Detroit 37-13 / this week vs San Diego.
9. NY Giants (6-3) – A week after New York got a huge road win over Tom and the Pat a cross-country trip did not produce the same results. The G-Men are in the midst of a tough stretch with games against New England, San Francisco, Philly and at the Saints in a little over a week. Oops, ALMOST a tough stretch…I forgot the Eagles are in that stretch, and they suck right now! New York is still the class of the NFC East. Or at least I think so. Last week lost to San Francisco 27-20 / this week vs the Cream Team!
10. Cincinnati Bengals (6-3) – The Bengals are still top-ten worthy despite a loss to the Steelers. Rookie QB Andy Dalton did all he could, but the Steel Curtin’s two fourth-quarter picks were too much for the young rookie to overcome. I mean after all, even Luke Skywalker messed up back in the first Star Wars Movie! A win this week would give more validity to the Bengals’ surprising season. Last week lost Pittsburgh 24-17 / this week at Baltimore.