Oh snaps! Things are getting real sticky and tricky. Just like a good old captivating soap opera, college football is getting very interesting. Last week two top-five teams lost for the first time this season and are all but out of the running for the BCS title game. The Tigers and Tide are still on track for a rematch, Okie State looks great, the Sooners are coming, and I hear dem Ducks quacking from way out in Eugene! Let’s take a look at my top ten this week!
1. LSU (10-0) – The Tigers shook off a slow start to climb the Hill Toppers. Now, a trip to Ole Miss before a huge day-after-Turkey matchup with the Hogs from Arkansas! This team has a lot of football left to play. Don’t pencil these Bengals in just yet! Trust me! Last week beat Western Kentucky 42-9 / this week @ Ole Miss.
2. Oklahoma State (10-0) – The Cowboys need two more wins and they will play in the national title game. I’d pencil in these Cowboys before anyone else right now! I don’t think Oklahoma will beat OSU in Stillwater! Last week beat Texas Tech 66-6 / this week @ Iowa State.
3. Alabama (9-1) – Alabama gave the ball to Trent Richardson 32 times in their win over the Bulldogs. Had he carried the ball that many times two weeks ago this team would be undefeated! Just keep winning Alabama, and you may very well roll right on down to New Orleans...And not for the Sugar Bowl! Last week beat Mississippi State 24-7 / this week vs Georgia Southern.
4. Oregon (9-1) – The Ducks now control their own destiny in the Pac-12. Oregon is playing lights-out right now. Personally, if this team runs the table and they are in a mix with other one loss teams, I think they deserve the shot at the title! After all, they played LSU at a neutral site and they would be conference champs! Doesn’t that rank them above a Tide team that lost in their own back yard and a Sooners team that lost to Texas Tech? Hell yes it does! Last week beat Stanford 56-30 / this week vs Southern California.
5. Arkansas (9-1) – You know these Hogs from Fayetteville have a chance at all the marbles. The Tigers in Baton Rouge better not load up on too much turkey, because these Hogs are hungry and ready to have a shot at the title! Last week beat Tennessee 49-7 / this week vs Mississippi State.
6. Oklahoma (8-1) – The Sooners have to beat Oklahoma State to have any chance to play in the national title game. Watch out this week as Baylor could really mess things up for Sooners! Last week off / this week @ Baylor.
7. Clemson (9-1) – The Tigers got a last-second field goal to beat the Demon Deacons to remain in the distant hunt for the big game. Clemson can run the table and possibly finish the season as a top five team. Last week beat Wake Forest 31-28 / this week @ N.C. State.
8. Georgia (8-2) – Nearly five hundred and thirty yards of offense against Auburn and the Bulldogs defense is playing as good as anyone in the SEC Right now. Just look at the numbers. Hey SEC, if these Dogs get to the Georgia Dome, it could be a hard time for whichever team comes out of the West! Georgia can hurt someone and help someone on December 3rd! Last week beat Auburn 45-7 / this week vs Kentucky.
9. Houston (10-0) – The Cougars are a scoring machine and looks like they will finish the season undefeated. If enough teams lose could this team get a BCS Bowl Berth? Now that Boise State lost, I’d say yes! Last week beat Tulane 73-17 / this week vs SMU.
10. Virginia Tech (9-1) – Frank Beamer is just a damn good coach. He always wins 10 games or more. His team dominates the ACC and he is always seemingly in a BCS Game. Looks like business as usual in Blacksburg. Last week beat Georgia Tech 37-26 / this week vs North Carolina.