lot of the top teams hit the road last week and came out ok! Now the Tide, Cowboys, Aggies and Noles all face toughies this week! Here is my top ten as we head into week four of the College Football Season:
1. Alabama (3-0) – The Tide defense made former Hogs quarterback Ryan Mallet look horrible last season when these two met. I expected the ‘Bama D to give Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson fits this week. The Hogs do have a better defense, but are they ready to face a physical Tide offense? We shall see! Last week beat North Texas 41-0 / this week versus Arkansas.
2. Oklahoma (2-0) – The Sooners basically gave up one big play on a blown coverage last week in their ten-point win over the Noles. Quarterback Landry Jones was clutch, and so was wide receiver Kenny Stills. Oh yes, the Sooners Defense is very fast as well. Last week beat Florida State 23-13 / this week vs Missouri.
3. LSU (3-0) – The Tigers wore down the Bull Pups and dominated both lines of scrimmage. Now they face another big hurdle in September in the form of a dangerous West Virginia Team. By the way who, in the hell made this schedule for LSU? Last week beat Mississippi State 19-6 / this week @ West Virginia.
4. Oklahoma State (3-0) – The Cowboys did not get on the field last week until after midnight, and yet they still looked unstoppable. Will the Aggies hand the Cowboys their first loss of the season this week in College Station? It could happen! Last week beat Tulsa 59-33 / this week @ Texas A&M.
5. Boise State (2-0) – Quarterback Kellen Moore has to be the front runner for the Heisman right now. Too bad for him that the Heisman and BCS Trophies are not given out in September! If Boise does not go undefeated they should be ashamed of themselves! Last beat Toledo 40-15 / this week vs Tulsa.
6. Texas A&M (2-0) – The Aggies had a chance to prove to the country that they were a solid team last January, and LSU beat them to death! Will A&M rise up this week in perhaps the last meeting between Texas A&M and Okie State in the Big XII? Last week beat Idaho 37-7 / this week vs #4 Oklahoma State.
7. South Carolina (3-0) – Mr. Lattimore, Marcus Lattimore, is the best player in the nation right now! With quarterback Stephen Garcia looking confused and erratic as always, Lattimore could break all kinds of records this season. Now, first place in the SEC East is on the line this week against Vandy! Say what? Yep! Last week beat Navy 24-21 / this week vs Vanderbilt.
8. Virginia Tech (3-0) – The Hokies are 3-0 for the first time in five years. Quarterback Logan Thomas continues to improve as he tossed two touchdowns in the Hokies’ win over Ark-Kansas State last week. This blue collar team will run the ball, stop the run, and play as good on special teams as anyone in the nation! Last week beat Arkansas State 26-7 / this week @ Marshall.
9. Nebraska (3-0) – The Huskers called on quarterback Taylor Martinez to score three touchdowns against the Huskies. Nebraska could be the class of the Big Ten in just their first season in the league. Wow! Last week beat Washington 51-28 / this week @ Wyoming.
10. Florida State – The ‘Noles proved to be that they are worthy of a top ten ranking. FSU has as much speed on both sides of the ball as any team I have seen, and they are well-equipped at quarterback for the next several years as well. If ole’ Jimbo Fisher continues to stockpile the talent in Tallahassee, the ‘Noles will be contenders for a long time! With that said, an upstart group of Clemson Tigers are waiting in Death Valley! Last week lost to Oklahoma 23-13 / this week @ Clemson.