1. Alabama (3-0) – The Tide are heads and shoulders above everyone else in the country right now. Good thing that the National Title is not played in September, because if it was, this team would win it easily! Role Tide Roll. Last week beat Arkansas 52-0 / this week vs Florida Atlantic
2. LSU (3-0) – Against Idaho, LSU led 14-7 at one point, but the Tigers blew the game open scoring 35 second half points. Now the Tee-Gars hit the road this week to take on Auburn. Can Zach survive his first road trip in the SEC? Mmmm! Last week beat Idaho 63-14 / this week @ Auburn.
3. Oregon (3-0) – The Ducks fell behind 7-0, only to end the game on a 63-7 run. Young QB Marcus Mariota looks good, throwing for 308 yards and four TD’s. This team is the class of the Pac-12 right now and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Last week beat Tennessee Tech 63-14 / this week vs Arizona State.
4. Florida State (3-0) –The ‘Noles have dominated their first three foes and now take on the Clemson Tigers. Is FSU for real? Will we find out this week? I think the ‘Noles are a good team, but there is a long distance between this team and the three above them. Last week beat Wake Forest 52-0 / this week vs Clemson.
5. Georgia (3-0) – The Bulldogs got their best outing to date from QB Aaron Murray. Murray scored four TD’s, two via the air and two on the ground. He also threw for a career-best 342 yards in a win over FAU. Yes, he’s meaner than a junk yard dog! Last week beat Florida Atlantic 56-20 / this week vs Vanderbilt.
6. South Carolina (3-0) – The Gamecocks once again saw starting QB Conner Shaw go down and leave a game for the second time this season. I’m a little concerned about this team protecting their QB, especially with a tough stretch coming up beginning this week with the Missouri Tigers. Last week beat UAB 49-6 / this week vs Missouri.
7. Oklahoma (3-0) – One thing I know for sure about the Sooners is that they are well rested before the Big 12 test this week against the Wildcats. This team has two off weeks in their first five weeks of the season. Wow, now that’s scheduling! Last week off/ this week vs. Kansas State.
8. West Virginia (2-0) – QB Geno Smith torched the JMU Bulldogs with 5 TD passes last week. “Johnson,” my smart young co-worker, likes the Mountaineers as a sleeper to make the national title game. Hey JOHNSON, wake me up when this is over! Last week beat James Madison 42-12 / this week vs Maryland.
9. Clemson (3-0) – The Tigers got a 58-yard TD run from Slipper Sammy Watkins and QB Tajh Boyd threw for 3 TD’s last week. If Clemson can go to Tallahassee and win, they can _____! You fill in the blank. Last week beat Furman 41-7 / this week @ Florida State.
10. USC (2-1) – Upset! What upset? When you beat a team four straight times, that’s no upset. Question: How many SC QB’s have won the Heisman Trophy that went 0-4 against Stanford? NONE! Last week got beat by Stanford 21-14 / this week vs Cal.