Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Big Chief's College Football top ten Week #3
by Deke Bellavia,posted Sep 13 2012 12:30PM
Pig Foo Wee! Dayum, dats a shame dat lil’ ole school from North Louisiana beat up on ‘dem Hogs like dat! Check your facts and stats, that game was no fluke. Wisconsin once again let everyone down, and the Huskers got shucked in the city of Angels! Here we go as things are starting to heat up in CFB. Let’s take a look at this week’s top ten.
1. Alabama (2-0) – The Tide did not take WKU lightly, and it showed. A test comes this week in the form of Arkansas? What test? Go Bama, go Bama, go Bama, go! Last week beat Western Kentucky 35-0 / this week @ Arkansas.
2. USC (1-0) – The only thing that slowed down Trojan QB Matt Barkley was lightning. Barkley tied a school record with 6 TD passes in a win over the Orange. Now SC has two weeks to get ready for Stanford. Last week beat Syracuse 42-29 / next @ Stanford Sept 25th.
3. LSU (2-0) – LSU once again scored 41 points, but this 41 feels better than last week’s 41, doesn’t it? Now the Vandals come to Tiger Stadium before SEC play begins the following week @ Auburn. Last week beat Washington 41-3 / this week vs. Idaho.
4. Oregon (2-0) – The Ducks did not look as good this week in their 42-25 win over the Dogs. But FSU is better than Arkansas State, aren’t they? RB Kenjon Barner gashed FSU for 201 yards and 3 TD’s. Another tough one this week in TT? Last week beat Fresno State 42-25 / this week vs. Tennessee Tech.
5. Florida State (1-0) – In a game shortened due to weather, ‘Noles QB E.J. Manuel threw three TD’s. Now FSU opens ACC play with the Freakin’ Deacons from Wake Forest. Last week beat Savannah State 55-0 / this week vs. Wake Forest.
6. Georgia (2-0) – The Bulldogs came on strong late to score 17 in the fourth to down the Tigers 41-20. Now UGA gets a breather before they take in Tennessee between the hedges. Last week beat Missouri 41-20 / this week vs. Florida A&M.
7. South Carolina (2-0) – The Gamecocks got a big effort from RB Marcus Lattimore. Marcus rushed for two TD’s in the win over Vandy. The Cocks have a tougher schedule than many think, as this week they take on a tough ECU Team. Last week beat East Carolina 48-10 / this week vs. UAB.
8. Oklahoma (2-0) – Now that’s the Sooners I know, beating down a hard-core opponent like Florida A&M! You know OU should go 12-0 each year. I mean, it’s not like they have a tough non-conference slate, and Texas is not that good either. That’s a rivalry? Last week beat Florida A&M 69-13 / next vs. Kansas State September 22nd.
9. West Virginia (2-0) – The Mountaineers had the week off and now get ready to take on the Bulldogs of JMU. Could this team win the Big 12? Possibly. Maybe! Last week off / this week James Madison.
10. Clemson (2-0) – The Tigers shrugged off a slow start to pile up 52 points in a win over the fighting David Letterman! I like this team. Have you seen Slipper Sammy Watkins play? Exciting, to say the least! Last week beat Ball State 52-27 / this week Furman.