Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Big Chief's College Football Top 10 week #8
by Deke Bellavia,posted Oct 15 2012 10:21AM
The Riverboat Gambler shut down the so-called unstoppable offense from the Mountains, the Tide just keep on rolling and the Tigers are back in contention. Let’s take a look at this week’s top ten rankings.
1. Alabama (6-0) – The Tide remind me of that old Charlie Pride song, “ooo you’re so good when you’re bad.” Even when Alabama does not play all that good they still dominate. Now the Tide will add to the misery of the Tennessee Vols in ole Rocky Top! Last week beat Missouri 42-10 / this week @ Tennessee.
2. Oregon (6-0) – Last week off / this week @ Arizona State.
3. Kansas State (5-0) – These Wildcats are good. QB Collin Klien threw for 4 touchdowns and ran for two more as the Cats from Manhattan beat down their rival Jay-birds 56-16. RB John Hubert might be the best-kept secret in all of CFB with 527 yards and a whopping 6.9 yards per carry. Watch out this week as a much improved Iowa State team is waiting. Last week beat Kansas 56-17 / this week @ Iowa State.
4. Florida (6-0) – Florida got three TD’s and 177 yards rushing from QB Jeff Driskel. Now the Gators face a huge hurdle at home against the mad Gamecocks from Carolina. Last week beat Vanderbilt 31-17 / this week vs. South Carolina.
5. Notre Dame (6-0) – Notre Dame finally gave up some points but the end result was still a win for the Irish. Now, the next two weeks will be key with games against BYU and a road trip to Norman to face the sooners. Last week beat Stanford 20-13 / this week vs BYU.
6. LSU (6-1) – The Tigers O-Line finally dominated an opponent, and they did so against one of the best front sevens in all of CFB. Now, an old rivalry is renewed in College Station. A win Saturday would set up a huge showdown against the Crimson Tide in early November. Last week beat South Carolina 23-21 / this week @ Texas A&M.
7. Oregon State (4-0) – The Beavers’ Cody Vaz threw for 332 yards and three scores in a big road win over the Cougars. Now the Beavers return home to face another team from Utah in the Utes. Last week beat BYU 42-24 / this week vs Utah
8. South Carolina (6-1) – Don’t worry about the loss to LSU…instead focus on the Gators. A win this week puts the “old ball coach” and his Gamecocks right back in the hunt! Last week lost to LSU 23-21 / this week @ Florida.
9. Mississippi State (6-0) – Come on man, an SEC Team that wins six straight deserves to be here don’t they? Coach Dan Mullen and his Bulldogs are still not getting any respect, but that could change in two weeks with a road game to Tuscaloosa! Last week beat Tennessee 41-31 / this week vs Middle Tennessee.
10. Ohio State (6-0) – I could really rank a few teams in this spot, but I’ll stay away from being a Big Ten Hater and give the nod to the Buckeyes from Ohio! Did you know that the Big East is better than the Big Ten right now? And I ain’t talking hoops, either! Last week beat Indiana 52-49 / this week vs Purdue.
"There was a 'want' to compete." Despite the officiating and out gaining them 2 to 1, we got the win. Geaux Tigers.
Check out Alabama's schedule that they have played. They have not really been tested.
Bama's in for a surprise...if the Tigers stay focused and come back from A & M with a win.
The Tide has not been tested yet. The hype is beginning to go to their head. Let 'em believe the press and the media about how indistructable they are. When they get to T.S. they will have a very rude awakening.