Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Big Chief's College Football Top 10 week #10
by Deke Bellavia,posted Nov 5 2012 10:41PM
The Tide won a game they shouldn’t have, but so did the Irish of South Bend. Hey man it happens…no one said that every game played was going to be a blowout. It’s all about winning, and that’s what Alabama did last week. Things are starting to get interesting as we could have five teams finish without a loss this season.
Here’s my Top Ten:
1. Alabama (9-0) – QB A.J. McCarron is not allowed to cry! Come on man, you play for Alabama. The Tide got scared and still won. You can best believe that Coach Saban and his troops won’t get outplayed again this season like they did last week against the Tigers. Last week beat LSU 21-17 / this week vs Texas A&M.
2. Notre Dame (9-0) – Notre Dame read too many of their press clippings last week as they nearly blew their national title run in a close call against the Panthers of Pennsylvania. If Notre Dame runs the table I just can’t see KSU or Oregon getting in the title game over the Irish. I could be wrong. Last week beat Pittsburgh 29-26 in 3 overtimes / this week @ Boston College.
3. Oregon (9-0) – The Ducks ran over one of their so-called “tough” opponents in a 62-51 rout over the Trojans. USC gave up 730 yards of total offense including 426 yards rushing, 37 first downs and 62 points. USC is flat-out garbage! Last week beat USC 62-51 / this week @ California.
4. Kansas State (9-0) – The Wildcats used a 24 point second quarter to blow open the game in a win over the Pokes. KSU might get left out of the title game, and that would be a shame. QB Collin Klein totaled 309 yards and a score in the win over OSU. Last week beat Oklahoma State 44-30 / this week @ TCU.
5. Georgia (8-1) – The Dogs are still very much alive in the big picture. A win this week over the Tigers gets them a date with the Tide in Atlanta. After seeing a struggling LSU passing game come to life against Alabama UGA, will not go quietly into the night! Please believe that these Dogs can play with Alabama. You will see! Last week beat Ole Miss 37-10 / this week @ Auburn.
6. Ohio State (10-0) – Buckeyes QB Braxton Miller had 299 yards of total offense and three scores in the win over Illinois. Now Ohio State is just two wins away from finishing the season undefeated. A tough one on the road this week at Camp Randal won’t be easy! Last week beat Illinois 52-22 / this week @ Wisconsin.
7. LSU (7-2) – Slip away, oh slip away! The Tigers let the Tide off the hook in a game they gave Ala,bama. LSU you have to play the entire 60 minutes…that’s why you lost. Oh well, hope for a Sugar Bowl berth is still very much in site. Last week lost Alabama 21-17 / this week vs. Mississippi State.
8. Florida (8-1) – Florida clearly came out flat in their narrow win over the Tigers. Now the Gators will break out all their good luck charms and anything else they can think of as UGA must lose to Auburn in order for Florida to get into the SEC Title game. Last week beat Missouri 14-7 / this week vs UL Lafayette.
9. Florida State (8-1) – The ‘Noles have no shot at all at the BCS Title Game, but they can still get to the Orange Bowl if they win out! Last week off / this week @ Virginia Tech.
10. Louisville (10-0) – OK, if the Big East is going to get some respect they need the Cardinals to win out, and then pay Coach Charlie Strong a lot of money to stay in the Blue Grass State and not bolt for an SEC opening. Louisville is not a bad team at all. A top-five finish could really happen if they win out. Last week beat Temple 45-17 / this week @ Syracuse.