Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Big Chief's College Football Top 10, Week 10
by Deke Bellavia,posted Nov 8 2011 10:34AM
The Tide got “Damn Rolled,” the Bayou Bengals are on a roll and loaded for bear the next three years, the Pokes from Stillwater are still undefeated, and the Cardinal will try and keep the Ducks from quacking this week in Palo Alto. Let’s take a look at this week’s top ten teams in college football:
1. LSU (9-0) – Did Coach Miles say he’d be honored to play Alabama again? Coach, be careful what you wish for! With that said, if there is a rematch it will be down on the Bayou where the Tigers have won their last two national titles in the Benz Dome! Last week beat Alabama 9-6 / this week vs Hilltopper U.
2. Oklahoma State (8-0) – The Cowboys played bad and scored 52 points. I would sure like to see this team face a great defense because they have great offense. Win the rest and we will see that match-up down in the Crescent City! Last week beat Kansas State 52-45 / this week @ Texas Tech.
3. Stanford (8-0) – The Cardinal shrugged off a slow start to damn the Beavers from Corvallis last weekend. Now the quack attack from Eugene comes to town. Last week beat Oregon State 38-13 / this week vs Oregon.
4. Alabama (8-1) – Alabama is in great shape to run the table and still land in the BCS Title Game. They need a little help, and their fate may be sealed the week with the outcome of the Stanford vs. Oregon weighing heavily on their title shot! Last week lost to LSU 9-6 / this week @ Mississippi State.
5. Boise State (8-0) – Boise State’s lone shot to get to the BCS title game is if Georgia wins the SEC title. Could it happen? Yes! Will it happen? I don’t think so! Last week beat UNLV 48-21 / this week vs TCU.
6. Oregon (8-1) – The Ducks can win the Pac 12 and land in the BCS and keep their title hopes alive. Could a rematch between the Ducks and Tigers be in the works? Possibly! Last week beat Washington 34-17 / this week @ Stanford.
7. Arkansas (8-1) – You know these Hogs from Fayetteville are still alive! Alive for both the SEC and the BCS titles. Please believe it because it’s true. QB Tyler Wilson will give that Bayou Bengal Defense fits the day after we eat Turkey! Last week beat South Carolina 44-28 / this week vs Tennessee.
8. Oklahoma (8-1) – The Sooners got 620 yards of total offense as QB Landry Jones set a school record with 505 yards passing and five TD’s. The Sooners need to have others ahead of them lose and then knock off their rivals Oklahoma State at the end of the regular season to have any shot at the BCS title game. Last week beat Texas A&M 41-25 / this week @ Baylor.
9. Clemson (8-1) – The Tigers had the week off and now need to run the table and pray. There is nothing wrong with an 11-1 regular-season record and a trip to the BCS! Last week off / this week vs Wake Forest.
10. Houston (9-0) – OK, this is as high as the Cougars will get this season, regardless of happens above them. However, to me, this team sure looks like they are going undefeated! Last week beat UAB 56-13 / this week vs. Tulane.