I love college football! Every week of the season is the playoffs. For the second straight week unbeaten teams have fallen and now need some help. Those Boomer Sooners could not get by the River Boat Gambler and his Raiders from Lubbock, while “Hail Mary” was the play that sent the Badgers back to Madison with a loss! Less than two weeks until the showdown in Bryant Deny between the Tide and Tigers and three weeks until those quacking Ducks from Eugene take on the trees from Palo Alto! Man, college football is the best, isn’t it?
1. Alabama (8-0) – Alabama shrugged off a slow start and then slow roasted rival #2 Tennessee. Now rival #3 comes to town in 2 weeks with #1 on the line! Get the point! Roll Dam Tide. Last week beat Tennessee 37-6 / this week off.
2. LSU (8-0) – Without three of their best players, the Bayou Bengals dominated Auburn to the most lop-sided win ever over the War Eagles from the Plains! Now LSU has two weeks to get ready for Alabama! Man, if this team wins the turnover battle each week I’m not sure anyone in the nation can hang with them! Last week beat Auburn 45-10 / this week off.
3. Oklahoma State (7-0) – The Cowboys have become more than just a passing team. These Cowboys can run! RB Joe Randle carved up the Tigers to the tune of 138 yards, three TD’s and he averaged 9.9-yards per rush. Don’t overlook those Bears this week! Last week beat Missouri 45-24 / this week vs Baylor.
4. Stanford (7-0) – Stanford’s high-powered offense can run the football! A school record set by Stepfan Taylor, Anthony Wilkerson and Tyler Gaffney was made with 446 yards rushing in a win over UW. Now the Cardinals can focus on the once-mighty Men of Troy! Last week beat Washington 65-21 / this week @ USC.
5. Clemson (8-0) – QB Tajh Boyd threw for five TD passes and has 22 total scores this season. The last time Clemson was 8-0 they got beat by Georgia Tech, the team they play this week! Oh well, what better time to erase bad history, right? Last week beat North Carolina 59-21 / this week @ Georgia Tech.
6. Boise State (7-0) – To Boise, the NCAA means “No Chance At All.” Boise won’t even get a shot over a one-loss conference champion, and you all know it. Last week beat Air Force 37-26 / this week @ UNLV.
7. Oregon (6-1) – No James, no Thomas, no problem. Back-up QB Bryan Bennett and RB Kenjon Barner are doing just fine. The Ducks are gearing up for a BCS shaping game in three weeks against those boys from Cali. Palo Alto Cali that is! Last week beat Colorado 45-2 / this week vs Washington State.
8. Arkansas (6-1) – Pig Fooey! The Hogs almost blew their chance to keep their BCS bid alive with a close call to their former Nutt! Now a trip to Music City this week to face the doors of Vanderbilt! Last week beat Mississippi 29-24 / this week @ Vanderbilt.
9. Kansas State (7-0) – Coach Bill Snyder is like a fine wine…72 years old and still smooth and tasty! The Wildcats are off to their best start since 1999 and now they can prove they are for real with games against Oklahoma, Okie State and Texas A&M the next three weeks. Win those, and these Wildcats will be BCS-Worthy! Last week beat Kansas 59-21 / this week vs Oklahoma.
10. Oklahoma (6-1) – The Sooners got schooled by the River Boat Gambler, as Tommy T and the Raiders put a new twist in the BCS Title Chase. No time to cry, as the KSU Wildcats of Manhattan are waiting! Last week Texas Tech. 41-38 / this week @ Kansas State.