Michigan, Illinois and Georgia Tech all fell from the ranks of the unbeaten last week. This week the Badgers of Madison hit the road to take on the Michigan State Spartans. The rest of October is ok, but things will heat up in November with games like Oregon vs.. Stanford, Oklahoma State vs.. Oklahoma, Clemson & South Carolina and of course LSU and Alabama. This November will be one to remember!
1. Alabama (7-0) – Trent and the Tide massive O-Line gashed the Rebels for over 600-yards of total offense. Trap game! Looking ahead? Please, Alabama could beat Tennessee with their eyes closed. Their third teamers with their eyes closed that is. Last week beat Ole Miss 52-7 / this week vs. Tennessee.
2. LSU (7-0) – The Tigers banged up O-Line rallied and blew the Vols off the line and controlled the ball for most of the second half. LSU was plus two in the turnover department and the Tigers got another game changing play from Big Mo Claiborne. Last week beat Tennessee 38-7 / this week vs. Auburn.
3. Oklahoma (6-0) – The Sooners got off to a slow start and then pounded the Jayhawks late in the game to remain undefeated. Looks like smooth sailing for the Sooners until a late season date with the Cowboys from Stillwater. Last week beat Kansas 47-17 / this week vs. Texas Tech.
4. Oklahoma State (6-0) – The Cowboys used their ground game last week to hook the horns! RB Jeremy Smith ran for 140-yards and 2 TD's as Okie State beat Texas. It looks like a date with the hated Sooners late this season to decide the Big 12. But be careful this week @ Missouri. Last week beat Texas 38-26 / this week @ Missouri.
5. Wisconsin (6-0) – The Badgers dominated the Hoosiers as expected last week but now face a big road test in the form of those Spartans from East Lansing. Could the Badgers be the next undefeated to go down? Possibly. Last week beat Indiana 59-7 / this week @ Michigan State.
6. Stanford (7-0) – Stanford breezed through the Cougars to extend the nation's longest winning streak. Now the much improved Huskies of UW come to town. No problem with Luck on the side of the Cardinal! Last week beat Washington State 44-14 / this week vs. Washington.
7. Clemson (7-0) – QB Tajh Boyd was not one hundred percent, and he still piled up over three hundred yards and he passed for 4 TD's. Can anybody hold these Tigers? Clemson looks like the class of the ACC this season. Last week beat Maryland 56-45 / this week vs. North Carolina.
8. Boise State (6-0) – What do the NBA, NFL and Boise State all have in common? They have all been locked out! No matter how many games the Broncos win, no matter how many points they score it does not matter! Boise needs teams to lose in order to have any shot at the BCS Title Game. Last beat Colorado State 63-13 / this week vs. Air Force.
9. Oregon (5-1) – The Ducks are limping right now with injuries to QB Darron Thomas and RB LaMichael James. But no sweat! Oregon got 171-yards rushing from Kenjon Barner and back-up QB Bryan Bennett did a solid job as well. Oregon just needs to keep winning and hope for others to fall. These Ducks could quack loudly before this season is over! Last week beat Arizona State / this week @ Colorado.
10. Arkansas (6-1) – Watch out SEC West, here come the Hogs! Arkansas could very well run the table and find themselves back in the Sugar Bowl in January of 2012. Arkansas is good! Real good! Last week off / this week @ Mississippi.