Ok, is there really a must win situation for team's already? Come on man, it's only week two of the college football season. Well, if you're a team that wants to remain in the BCS Title hunt, it is most certainly a must win game. That means the Bulldogs from UGA face a must win this week against the Gamecocks from South Carolina.
As we move into the second week of the season, we have three biggies. Michigan plays host to the church, UGA is between the hedges versus South Carolina and Florida travels to Coral Gables to take on the U.
Let's take a look at my top ten for week two of the 2013 CFB season!
1. Alabama Crimson Tide(1-0) – The Tide offense only gained 208 yards of offense last week. So what!?! Alabama got two special teams TD's, and their defense only gave up 10 points. The more people hate on Alabama, the more Coach Nick Saban loves it. RTR. Last week beat Virginia Tech 35-10 / this week off.
2. Oregon Ducks (1-0) – Quack, quack, quack. Give it up for Oregon for establishing a school record 772 yards of total offense against Nicholls State. Boy, Oregon ought to be mighty proud of that! Last week beat Nicholls State 66-3, this week @ Virginia.
3. South Carolina Gamecocks (1-0) – The Gamecocks took care of business by disposing of North Carolina 27-10. The Cocks season could be smoother or bumpier after this week. It all depends on what goes down in Athens between the hedges. Last week beat UNC 27-10 / this week @ Georgia.
4. Clemson Tigers (1-0) – The Tigers showed up big in a big game. Don't blink because these Tigers have been building a damn good BCS resume. Clemson's last two wins have come against two top 10 teams from the mighty SEC. Coach Dabo Sweeny and the Offensive Coordinator Chad Morris are two of the hottest names in the game today. Slipper Sammy Watkins went off on UGA with 127 yards receiving. Clemson is for real. Now they have to prove it every week the rest of this season. Last week beat Georgia 38-35 / this week vs South Carolina State.
5. Stanford Cardinal (0-0) – Stanford will open their season this week against San Jose State. This is a solid program from top to bottom, and a program that truly embraces the term “student athletes.”
6. Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) – After a lackluster effort against Buffalo, the Buckeyes will set their sights on the Aztecs from SDSU. Like I said earlier, if this team does not start the season 11-0, then they should be ashamed. Last week beat Buffalo 40-20 / this week vs San Diego State.
7. Louisville Cardinals (1-0) – QB Teddy Bridgwater threw five TD passes as the Cards offense racked up 615 yards in a 49-7 win over Ohio. These Cards have a great shot to win all their games. If Louisville does that, they should be in the right place at the right time to sneak into the BCS Title Game. Last week beat Ohio 49-7 / this week vs Eastern Kentucky.
8. Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) – Johnny Manziel was back in full swing in the second half of the Aggies big win over Rice. I can smell a good ole fashion ass whipping coming in two weeks. Alabama has two weeks to get ready for Mr. Football, and the cockier he acts, the more the Tide will feed off of his immature ways. Did I mention the A&M Defense gave up over 500 yards to Rice? Last week beat Rice 52-31 / this week vs Sam Houston State
9. Florida Gators (1-0) – Florida did not look too impressive in a 24-6 win over Toledo. Now a big trip to South Florida to face the upstart Hurricanes looms large in an early season showdown. If Florida falls to UM it could be a difficult season for the Gators. Last week beat Toldeo 24-6 / this week at Miami.
10. LSU Tigers (1-0) – LSU was the only top 12 team that beat a top 20 team in the first week of the season. LSU, like all teams, has some things to work on. But right now LSU, considering who they were playing, was as impressive as any team in CFB in week one of the season. Last week beat TCU 37-27 / this week vs UAB.