Boy, has the plot thickened in CFB. Louisville and Alabama both got popped and the big bad SEC might not even get a chance to sniff the BCS Title Game this season. All the crying and hating on the SEC will be as loud as ever this week. Now it's up to KSU, Oregon and Notre Dame to not let an SEC Team make it to Miami. Because if they do, it will most certainly be seven straight for the Southeastern Conference.
1. Kansas State (10-0) - The Wildcats are now two wins away from having a shot at the national title game. It's no given that the Wildcats will be one of two teams selected to get in the big game...but the back end of their schedule gives them a little bump with Texas playing well right now. The Wildcats shut out the Horned Frogs for three quarters before allowing just 10 points. Last week beat TCU 23-10 / this week @ Baylor.
2. Notre Dame (10-0) - QB Everett Golson had 239 total yards and three TDs in the Irish win over the Eagles. Now ND just needs to win two more and their comeback to national glory will be completed! Last week beat Boston College 21-6 / this week vs. Wake Forest.
3. Oregon (10-0) - After the first quarter the Ducks were up 14-7, and then Oregon put the jets on and finished with a 45-10 run in the final three quarters of the game. The Ducks' last two games against Stanford and Oregon State may be the deciding factor in them getting into the national title game against somebody! Last week beat Cal 59-17 / this week vs. Stanford.
4. Georgia (9-1) - The Dogs just need to keep on winning and see what else happens. UGA got over 100 yards rushing from their two young backs Gurley and Marshall as they whipped the poor Tigers on the Plains. Last week beat Auburn 38-0 / this week vs. Georgia Southern.
5. Alabama (9-1) - Whoa Nelly! The Crimson Tide escaped two weeks ago down on the Bayou, but could not get away from Here Comes Johnny as the Aggies spoiled the Crimson Tide bid at a second straight national title. Now Bama has to do some scoreboard-watching and hope that two teams lose. What happened to the Tide defense? They have given up 853 yards in the last two games! Oops! Last week lost to Texas A&M 29-24 / this week vs. Western Carolina.
6. LSU (8-2) – The Tigers actually needed Alabama to keep on winning to have a clear shot at the Sugar Bowl. LSU should finish up the season 11-2 and a possible top-5 finish is not bad at all. Last week beat Mississippi State 37-17 / this week vs. Ole Miss.
7. Texas A&M (8-2) – Boy oh Boy, is Johnny Football good or what? This young man could very well erase what Tim and Cam did and surpass all their numbers rather easily. I would do what I could to go to the Cotton Bowl if A&M plays Texas. Last week beat Alabama 29-24 / this week vs. Sam Houston State.
8. Florida (9-1) – The Gators have proven that if you don’t have any kind of offense, and a great defense, you can still win a lot of games. With that said, I look for in-state rival FSU to hand the Gators their second loss of the season in two weeks. Last week beat UL Lafayette 27-20 / this week vs. Jacksonville State.
9. South Carolina (8-2) – The Gamecocks are still playing at a high level despite not having RB Marcus Lattimore. Now SC can win out and hope for a good bowl bid. Last week beat Arkansas 38-20 / this week vs. Wofford.
10. Ohio State (10-0) – The Buckeyes had the week off and now face two very tough games to end the season, with a road trip to Camp Randall, followed by their annual clash with rival Michigan. Last week off / this week @ Wisconsin.