by Deke Bellavia, email@example.com,posted Nov 7 2013 11:56AM
Five of the top ten teams are in heated battles. We get a good start to the weekend with two monster Thursday night games. The Bears from Waco, Texas entertain the Boomer Sooners, while the Ducks look to extract some revenge from Stanford. Then, Saturday the Champs battle the Boys from the Bayou at night in T-Town. Here is my TOP 10 for week 10:
1. Alabama (8-0) –Alabama is the last hope for the SEC to land in the BCS Title Game. The Crimson Tide is well rested for two more tough games. Two sets of Tigers will try to keep Bama from winning three straight titles. Last week Bamawas off / this week vs LSU.
2. Florida State - (8-0) – The Noles had a tougher battle than expected in their rival game versus the U. The game was much closer than the score. The biggest difference was the Noles converting 11 of 15 third down attempts. The two shall meet again. Last week Florida State beat Miami 41-14/ this week @ Wake Forest.
3. Oregon (8-0) – Okay, here it is. The team that kept the Ducks from quacking into the title game a year ago is next. Can Oregon win on the road at Stanford? This could be the last hurdle for the Ducks! Last week Oregon was off / this week vs Stanford.
4. Ohio State (9 -0) – The Buckeyes outscored their last two foes a combined 119-14. Look for the points to continue to pile up as Urban Meyer knows his only shot against the other undefeated teams is good stats! Last week Ohio State beat Purdue 56-0 / this week @ Illinois.
5. Baylor Bears (7-0) – The Bears can add a little bit of good information to their BCS resume' with a win over a respected Sooners program. If Baylor keeps winning, they could very well leap frog Ohio State and pass the other teams. That's if those other teams lose, of course. Last week Baylor was off / this week Oklahoma.
6. Stanford Cardinal (7-1) – The Cardinal do not intentionally fake injuries to slow down opposing offensive units. No! The Cardinal players are just so much smarter than their opponents that they know how to make those very same offenses slow down! Think about it. Last week Stanford was off / this week vs Oregon.
7. Auburn Tigers (8-1) – The Tigers faced a trap game against Arkansas. It would be the Tigers doing all the trapping. Literally! Auburn rushed the ball 46 times for 233 yards in their big win over the Pigs. RB Trae Mason gashed the Hogs rushing for 168 yards and 4 TD's. Up next--another dangerous road trip before back-to-back huge ones against UGA and the other team from the same state. Last week Auburn beat Arkansas 35-14 / this week @ Tennessee.
8. Clemson (7-1) – Clemson had 677 yards of total offense in a blowout road win over Virginia. WR Slippery Sammy Watkins had a hug day with eight receptions for 169 yards and 2 TD's. Last week Clemson beat Virginia 59-10/ this week vs Georgia Tech.
9. Oklahoma (7-1) – The Sooners can assume the role as the top one-loss team with a shot at the title with a win over Baylor and a little help from the Ducks. Oklahoma can quietly climb higher with a win over the Bears this Thursday night. Last week Oklahoma was off / this week @ Baylor.
10. Missouri Tigers (8-1) – Y'all do realize the Tigers have enough pop left in their schedule that if a pool of one-loss teams were in a battle to get the final spot in the title game, the Tigers resume' would be far more impressive. Just think about it! Last week Missouri beat Tennessee 31-3/ this week vs Kentucky.