OK, does Baylor have a shot to leapfrog Ohio State? Baylor has two big tests left, and they could finish undefeated. Now Baylor, Ohio State could be in the right place at the right time, should Auburn knock off Alabama in two weeks. This week, two big ones have a big impact on the top ten as those upstart newer Tigers from the SEC head South to face the Rebels, while the Bears from Waco go to Stillwater for a battle with the Pokes. Folks, trust me, there is a whole lot of football left in the last three weeks of this season.
1. Alabama (10-0) – So they only beat Mississippi State 20-7... so what? They won! Now, the Tide have two weeks to get ready for their archrivals. Man, I’ll bet Stub Hub is going to make a killing on those Iron Bowl Tickets! Last week beat Mississippi State 20-7 / this week vs Chattanooga
2. Florida State (10-0) – The Noles are in good shape. Can they win their last three games? I think they will! Last week beat Syrcause 59-3 / this week vs Idaho.
3 Ohio State (10-0) – The Buckeyes now have to hope for Baylor and Florida State to lose to get in the national title game. Last week beat Illinois 60-35 / this week vs Indiana.
4. Baylor Bears (9-0) – Baylor has played nine games. The Bears have scored 60 or more points in six games and 59 in one. Now a big hurdle in the form of a good Cowboys team in Stillwater. Last week beat Texas Tech 63-34 / this week @ Oklahoma State.
5. Auburn Tigers (10-1) – The Tigers nearly blew an SEC and national title shot in a fourth quarter collapse against the Bulldogs, but the Tigers came back for a win and now have two weeks to get ready for the biggest Iron Bowl Game ever. Last week beat Georgia 43-38 / this week off.
6. Oregon Ducks (9-1) – The Ducks are now back in control of their fate to land in the Pac 12 Title Game. I mean, who knows? An undefeated Buckeyes Team as an opponent in the Rose Bowl ain’t too bad! Last week got beat Utah / this week @ Arizona.
7. Clemson (8-1) – Clemson can only hope for a BCS at-large bid. The Tigers should be alive to get one. Last week beat Georgia Tech 55-31 / this week vs Citadel.
8. Missouri Tigers (9-1) – Missouri is an overtime win away from being right in the thick of the national title hunt. With that said, these Tigers may have to win their last two games to get to Atlanta. That will be a hard feat to accomplish going to Oxford and then College Station. Last week off / this week @ Ole Miss.
9. South Carolina Gamecocks (8-2) – The Ole Ball Coach beat his old team and now can sit back and watch the Tigers of Missouri lose one of their last two, and then SC would get back to Atlanta. Last week beat Florida 19-14 / this week vs Coastal Carolina.
10. Oklahoma State Cowboys (9-1) – The Cowboys can now be in a good conversation as the best one-loss team in the nation should they run the table. I’m not sure if that means a whole lot this season, but it could if a lot of teams lose! Last week beat Texas 38-21 / this week vs Baylor.