Two big games take place this week in the mighty SEC. Are the Rebels legit? How can Mr. Mettenberger handle the pressure on the road between the hedges in Athens. And will the Ducks continue to quack at such a loud volume all season long? As usual the SEC highlights this week’s top ten!
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (3-0) – Ok the Tide’s schedule is not nearly as tough as some other teams in the SEC. With that said, this week Alabama has a legit opponent in the upstart Rebels from Ole Miss. Right? I guess we shall see! Last week beat Colorado State 31-6 / this week vs Ole Miss.
2. Oregon Ducks (3-0) – Get yo quack on! The Ducks are well rested and check this out. Oregon rushes for 355 yards per game, they pass for 316 every game as well. And Oregon averages 61.3 scoring points per game. Yes these Ducks average margin of victory is 52 points. Could this be the year of the Ducks? Possibly! Pac 12 play opens this week. Last week off / this week vs Cal.
3. Clemson Tigers (3-0) – The Tigers shrugged off a slow start to beat the Wolf Pack 26-14. QB Tajh Boyd threw three Td passes including two of those to Martavis Bryant. Bryant has become one of the best WR’s in the country. The 6-5 speedster is a tough match-up for anyone. Last week beat NC State 26-14 / this week vs Wake Forest.
4. Stanford Cardinal (3-0) – Stanford was supposed to be tested by the Sun Devils. Notice I said supposed to be. The
Cardinal had a 29-0 lead at halftime and they made it look rather easy. Folks call me and ask why do I talk about Stanford. I don’t get upset. I just tell them google it and see for yourself. Right now there are only two legit football programs in the Pac-12. Stanford is one of them for sure! Last week beat Arizona State 42-28 / this week @ Washington State.
5. Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) – QB Kenny Guiton was 24-of-34 for 215 yards and 6 TD’s. And RB Ezekiel Elliot gashed the Rattlers with an average 11.6 yards per rush. Now what looks like a decent test comes to town as the Badgers of Madison are next on the schedule. Last week beat Florida A&M 76-0 / this week vs Wisconsin.
6. LSU Tigers (4-0) – LSU blasted their way to a 21-0 early lead over the other Tigers from the West. LSU scored on three of their first four drives in the game. RB Jeremy Hill had 140 yards rushing. With over 12 minutes left in the first half. But then the Tigers from BR fell asleep or either the Tigers from the Plains kept on playing. You decide. LSU better shore up their defensive woes or it could be trouble this week. Can a Tiger scar a slobbering mouthed Bulldog? We gonna find out this week! Last week beat Auburn 35-21 / this week @ Georgia.
7. Louisville Cardinals (4-0) – The Teddy B show rolls on as last week Mr. Bridgewater threw for 4 Td’s in a blowout win over FI. The Cardinals will have a lot of wins and Teddy will have monster numbers but is it going to be enough to matter? Most think not! Last week beat Florida International 72-0 / this week @ Temple.
8. Texas A&M Aggies (3-1) – Johnny Football and the Aggies next big game is in two weeks against Ole Miss. Last week beat SMU 42-13 / this week @ Arkansas.
9. Florida State (3-0) – The Noles beat down Bethune Cookman and now take on a not so good BC Team in ACC play. But after a date with the Eagles two of the ACC’s best teams are on the schedule in Maryland and Clemson. Last week beat Bethune Cookman 54-6 / this week vs Boston College.
10. South Carolina Gamecocks (2-1) – The Gamecocks are either a team that is going to go on a good run. Or SC will continue to look somewhat dysfunctional. This team has the skill and talent to run the table. And if that happens they could be in better shape to play for the BCS Title than the SEC title! Think about it. Last week off / this week @ Central Florida.