Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Big Chief?s NFL Rankings week #9
by Deke Bellavia,posted Nov 2 2011 8:13PM
The Pack is well-rested and now faces a toughie on the road, the Steelers are rising again, the Motor City’s Team was loud and proud this week, and the 49ers just keep winning. Oh, and we sadly say goodbye to the Who Dats from way down yonder in New Orleans for now. Here is my Top Ten as we start the second half of the 2011 regular season.
1. Green Bay Packers (7-0) – The Packers are so much better than the rest of the league right now. With that said, they face their first tough road test takes place this week against the Bolts from the West Coast. Last week off / this week @ San Diego.
2. San Francisco 49ers (6-1) – Through the first seven games of the season the 49ers have a four game lead over their nearest competitor in the division, and a five game cushion over the other two. These 49ers will win a lot of games this year…I’d say at least eleven! Last week beat Cleveland 20-10/ this week @ Washington.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2) –Did you see the Steelers defense last week? They played man coverage on the so-called unstoppable Pats wide receivers, and shut down pretty T and the high scoring New England O. Now, revenge this week against the struggling Purple Birds! Here we go Steelers, here we go. Win this one and the Burgh will be the class of the AFC! Last week beat New England 25-17 / this week vs Baltimore.
4. Baltimore Ravens (5-2) – Baltimore nearly lost to a much lesser team for the second straight week. But thanks to a comeback the Birds of Prey rallied. Now the hated Steelers from Blitzhburgh are up this week. These two teams love to hate each other! Last week beat Arizona 30-27 / this week @ Pittsburgh.
5. Detroit Lions (6-2) – Detroit responded nicely with a win last week over the White Horses from Mile High. Meggatron is the best WR in the game right now, and the Lions are winning the battle of turnovers more often than not. Now Detroit needs a healthy running back. Hey, call Barry or Billy Sims! 6-2 after eight games is super for these men from the Motor City! Last week beat Denver 45-10 / this week off.
6. NY Giants (5-2) – New York nearly got embarrassed in their own back yard to winless Miami. But, they were able to win. A win is a win! Ugly or not, the G-Men are atop of the NFC East. But it won’t last for long, because the Birds from the City of Brotherly Love are rising! Last week beat Miami 20-17 / this week @ New England.
7. Buffalo Bills (5-2) – Buffalo is doing just the little things that are needed to win. The Bills are rushing the ball well, QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing mistake-free ball, and the Bills are controlling both lines of scrimmage. A win this week over the 2nd-prettiest QB and his Jets would really put the Bills in solid position to contend for the AFC East the rest of the season. Last week beat Washington 23-0 / this week vs NY Jets.
8. New England Patriots (5-2) – Oooo Tom got harassed in the Steel City! The high-powered Pats Offense was completely shut down by the Steelers. Now NE plays the team that started their downward spiral! Last week lost to Pittsburgh 25-17 / this week vs New York Giants . Last week off / this week @ Pittsburgh.
9. Cincinnati Bengals (5-2) – Yes I do believe in defense. The reason why the Bengals are 5-2 is because they can run the ball, their rookie QB is not making mistakes, and they have the best D in the League. The Bengals are the third reason why the AFC North is the best division in the NFL right now! Last week beat Seattle 34-12 / this week @ Tennessee.
10. Kansas City Chiefs (4-3) – Hey, why not the Chiefs? They started the season 0-3. They lost their best offensive weapon for the season in RB Jamaal Charles, and yet they are now they are one of the hottest teams in the league. The Chiefs have won four straight games, including back-to-back wins over teams in their division. And now the KC’s from Arrowhead are in first place of the AFC West. They deserve to be here! Last week beat San Diego 23-20 OT/ this week vs Miami.