It all comes down to the SEC Title Game, and then all of the bowl bids will go out. Man, you reckon all the SEC tie-in bowls are happy? There are going to be four teams outside of the BCS Bowls that will bring 10 or more wins into bowls. Let’s take a look at my second-to-last rankings of the season.
1. Alabama (11-1) – One more win and then the Tide will be a double digit favorite to keep the National Title in the state of Alabama for a fourth straight year. Last week beat Auburn 49-0 / this week vs. Georgia in the SEC Title Game.
2. Notre Dame (12-0) – The Irish did not look the gift horse in the mouth, as they took care of business and now will play in the national title game. Is Notre Dame back? Yes they are. Are they for real? Beat the SEC Champ and prove it! Last week beat USC 22-13 / next vs Alabama or Georgia in National Title Game.
3. Georgia (11-1) – You know UGA is good, and I think this week they will open a lot of eyes down in the Georgia Dome! Last week beat Georgia Tech 42-10 / this week vs Alabama in SEC Title Game.
4. Ohio State (12-0) – All the Buckeyes could do was win every game they played, and they did exactly that. You know if OSU was legal this season, they would have locked the SEC out of the national title game and they would have played the Irish. Oh well. Last week beat Michigan 26-21.
5. Florida (11-1) – The Gators took a big lead, then lost it, and came back and dominated an overrated FSU Team. Now the Gators are in a great spot to play in the Sugar Bowl this January. Last week beat Florida State 37-26.
6. Oregon (11-1) –The Ducks will now wait for an at-large bid to a BCS Bowl after taking care of in-state rival Oregon State in thier annual Civil War. Last week beat Oregon State 48-24.
7. LSU (10-2) – The Tigers got a scare from Arkansas last week and now will wait and see which Bowl they will play in. Florida basically crushed any hopes LSU had of playing in a BCS Bowl. Last week beat Arkansas 20-13.
8. Texas A&M (10-2) – If Johnny Football padded his Heisman resume with over 400 yards of offense and 5 TD’s in a blowout win over the Tigers from Missouri...Man what if A&M plays Texas in the Cotton Bowl? Last week beat Missouri 59-29.
9. Stanford (10-2) – The Cardinal are for real, and now they get a chance to beat the Bruins again this week in the Pac-12 Title Game. Last week beat the Bruins 35-17, and with a win this week over UCLA Stanford will go to a BCS Bowl for the third straight season. Quite impressive I’d say! Last week beat UCLA 35-15 / this week vs UCLA.
10. Kansas State (10-1) – The Wildcats can lock up a berth in the Fiesta Bowl with a win over Texas this week. Last week off / this week vs Texas.