Co-Host of WWL's "SportsTalk with Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia," Weekdays 4-8PM
Big Chief's SEC Rankings
by Deke Bellavia,posted Sep 12 2013 2:38PM
1. Alabama (1-0) – The Tide are rolling right into a hornets nest this weekend. Can Alabama remain undefeated? Is this the Tides first and only loss of the season forthcoming against Johnny and the Aggies? Can little nick slow down a fast paced offense? All of those questions could be answered this weekend in College Station. RTR
2. LSU (2-0) – The Tigers are 2-0 and they did beat a decent TCU Team two weeks ago. LSU is passing for more yards than they have in a long time, QB Zach Mettenberger has six TD passes and no picks and the Tigers actually look good on offense.
3. Texas A&M (2-0) – Can a national title be won with just offense? Hell, Oregon almost did it a few years ago…Why not! A win this week over the Crimson Machine from T-Town would make the Aggies a legit national title team and those alleged Johnny Football Autographs might be worth something… Allegedly!
4. Georgia (1-1) – The Bulldogs bounced back in a big way with a win over South Carolina last week. Now a week off, then another week off in a game against North Texas before LSU comes calling. QB Aaron Murray is the best in the country right now!
5. South Carolina (1-1) – Clowney has looked more like a clown that a Clowney in the Cocks’ first two games. The SC Coaches almost started brawling on the sidelines last week and the visor-wearing one knows that there are no more slip-ups allowed. Gosh dangit!
6. Ole Miss (2-0) – Hugh Freeze and the Rebels go to Austin this week to take on a team that hung more than 60 on them last year in Oxford. Will the Rebels get revenge against those Hook’em Horns in Austin? Ole Miss can take Mack Brown out of his misery by piling up the points and yards this weekend!
7. Florida (1-1) – The Gators have the same problems this season as they did a year ago. If UF does not fix their offense it could be a long season in Gator land this year!
8. Auburn (2-0) – I mean, if you look at the caliber of recruits that the Tigers have signed over the course of the last few years one would have to figure that Auburn is not that bad. Now a win this week puts the Tigers at 3-0 with a trip to Baton Rouge up next. It should happen!
9. Tennessee (2-0) – Coach Butch Jones has been piling up the points and yards on the new-look Vols Offense. Now can the boys from Rocky Top match scores with the Quack Attack from Eugene? I don’t think so!
10. Arkansas (2-0) – The Hogs entertain the team with the nation’s longest losing streak this week. Like Tennessee and Auburn, the Hogs have some good players. But wait until SEC play begins before you grade these Hogs!
12. Missouri (2-0) – If you back and look, I told y’all back in July that these Tigers could get off to a fast start. If QB James Franklin continues to play well the Tigers could go bowling this season.
13. Vanderbilt (1-1) – Coach James Franklin is still wondering what the hell happened two weeks ago when his defense gave up a 70 yard run in a heartbreaking loss to Ole Miss. But a win over the Gamecocks could certainly erase that bad memory.
14. Mississippi State (1-1) – Ok let’s see…A 21-3 loss to Oklahoma State followed by a 51-7 win over Alcorn State. What does that tell me about the Bulldogs from Starkvegas? Absolutely nothing. Don’t look now but a loss to Auburn might but Danny Boy on the warm seat! Hail State!
15. Kentucky (1-1) – I wonder if the Wildcats Football Fans even care that they are playing rival Louisville this week. I’m sure most of them do. I’d be willing to bet that no other game in the country this week will have the pretty looking ladies like this Bluegrass game will!
This week’s games in the SEC:
Louisville @ Kentucky
Mississippi State @ Auburn
Tennessee @ Oregon
Southern Miss @ Arkansas
Kent State @ LSU
Alabama @ Texas A&M
Vanderbilt @ South Carolina
Ole Miss @ Texas